cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Startup of Occulus software

chibi310
Honored Guest
I have a handful of games on steam that have both VR and non-VR modes for them, and whenever I try to launch them in non-VR mode, the Occulus launcher would startup anyways, I can hear audio of the game, but I get a black screen until I put on the VR headset. Is there any way to stop this from happening? Besides uninstalling and unplugging the headset.
1 REPLY 1

NB_Destroyer
Explorer
You can set the Oculus Software to not launch on startup, which has worked for me, and also reduces my startup time.  Instructions on how to  do so can be found here.

TL;DR - 
1. Windows+R, type in services.msc, look for Oculus VR Runtime Service, right click, click Porperrties, set startup type to manual.
2. Open notepad, paste the following into it (courtesy of Reddit user /u/hadracadabra) - 

sc config OVRService start= demand

net start "OVRService"

if %errorlevel% == 2 net stop "OVRService"

3. Save with any file name, just end name with .bat.

4. Run file as administrator whenever you want to use your Rift, otherwise Oculus Home will not startup. If error message is given when starting Oculus Home, then just run the file again and wait a few seconds.

Core i5-8600k | 16 GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT @ 2400Mhz | 500GB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 1TB FireCuda SSHD
MSI Z370 Gaming M5 | Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 1060 3GB | Rosewill HIVE 550W Modular | NZXT S340 White