New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Purchases - good for indefinite amount of time?

CinderwolfCinderwolf Posts: 1
NerveGear
So I'm set to purchase my Gear VR tonight and I need to know- if I purchase games/apps for my current Galaxy S6 and upgrade my phone down the road, do I have to purchase my games a second time- or are they mine permanently (kind of like a Steam account)?
Will I have to change the device they're registered to or something at all- or just like the Google Play store, I can simply re-download it to the new device and be on my merry way?
Lastly, do purchases ever "expire"- as in, if I buy it today, wipe my phone in three years and want to re-install, will I have to purchase it again?
Tagged:

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited August 2018
    The games are available on your account for any platforms that support the title. For example, if you bought Gear VR games, most of them will carry over if you buy an Oculus Go. And if you replace your phone, all the games will be there but you may lose your progress.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,045 Valuable Player
    in other more plain words....the purchases are tied to your ACCOUNT and NOT to the device.