New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

SD845 Powered Oculus go @ $300 Possible? Why Not? (Happened at $399)

DilipDilip Posts: 235
Nexus 6
edited September 2018 in Oculus Go
Dear enlighted community wish to share a fresh update here...

Xiaomi the maker of Oculus Go has released serious flagship killer phone in india .. Soon launching globally 
https://www.gsmarena.com/pocophone_f1_a_list_of_all_countries_where_it_will_be_available-news-32962.php

See specifications here
https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_pocophone_f1-9293.php

Now their lowest price model spots 6GB ram 64GB Storage and HD+ Display with all other phone ingredients 
with 4000MAH bettery priced EXACT $300

Now if they can offer all these as phone... Why it can't be rebuild as OCULUS GO+ with SD845, 6GB RAM, 64GB
Storage with expandable storage o
ption and WQHD Screen at price of $300/330

Money saved  on Front and Read Camera, Camera Sensor, Body, Front glass by shifting phone to hmd
can be adjusted to single controller

its very much possible 

Comments

• MradrMradr Posts: 3,212 Valuable Player
    edited August 2018
    They already are - it's call Santa Cruz and should be out end of year or start of the next.

Posted by kevinw729 - an idea what it might come with:

As for a OGO2 we won't see another for at least 1-2 more years. At max - we might see OGO+ models with more storage for now. I have a feeling OGO models will "update" far more often than their CV lines just because that technology moves as fast as phones so doubling every 2 years in this case. Even then - I wonder if OGO will not just become SC instead as OGO offers little compare to SC can offer.
  • DilipDilip Posts: 235
    Nexus 6
    edited August 2018
     :p Don't forget i quoted price $300/330  :D  Santa Cruz might be impossible at that price... But then who knows its said
    " Miracles do happen" - I love to see such miracle in this case. o:)
  • DilipDilip Posts: 235
    Nexus 6
    Mradr said:
    They already are - it's call Santa Cruz and should be out end of year or start of the next.

Even then - I wonder if OGO will not just become SC instead as OGO offers little compare to SC can offer.
    @Mradr what you said just happened 

Ok $400 is price tag still accessible and very very good.

Consider Vive Focus at price of $600 gear best sells it and rediculous pricing of $735 
    https://www.gearbest.com/all-in-one-vr/pp_009854347007.html
    No 6DOF controllers and unkonwn app support with tumorusly  big bulky headset, why would any one buy it?

Indeed while consider all factors great job oculus.

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,718 Valuable Player
    The Quest only has a Snapdragon 635.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,307 Volunteer Moderator
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator RELEASED.
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,212 Valuable Player
    Wildt said:
    The Quest only has a Snapdragon 635.
    635! GOD HELP US!
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,718 Valuable Player
    Hey, 2 out of 3 numbers is close enough! :lol:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor