cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't the oculus touch controller uses lanyard strap?

RaDrumba
Explorer
I've had broken two straps and is the number one major design flaw for this controller. I hate going threw support to get another strap.

oculus need to make a Lanyard Strap adapter. instead of using glue on method.
This happen every 4 months when i lose grip of the controller. Because of my tourette syndrome. It very hard for me to hold on to the controller when I throw In Echo VR. Something needs to be improve like an adapter for a lanyard strap. Kind of like the Wii mote Controllers.

httpscdndiscordappcomattachments32731619723208294448463120124044902420180830_020723jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Digikid1
Consultant
Actually they ARE lanyards....just smaller. I’ve sold dozens of oculus setups and NEVER heard or seen of anyone breaking them so I have to ask what the heck are YOU doing to them?

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can use Wii lanyards. It takes a little more effort to get the loop in, but you can do it. 
These should work: https://www.amazon.com/Cinpel-Colours-Remote-Controller-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B01KFG4158/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

falken76
Expert Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Actually they ARE lanyards....just smaller. I’ve sold dozens of oculus setups and NEVER heard or seen of anyone breaking them so I have to ask what the heck are YOU doing to them?

I can only assume they have a hard time actually holding on to the controllers and they fly out of their hands all the time?  I'd have to make an effort to break the straps, so much effort I wouldn't even be playing any games anymore.

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
I can certainly see them working their way loose eventually from heavy use but if you have them fail often then I have to wonder wtf you're doing to them. Those straps are there so you don't accidentally drop the controllers and to let them gently dangle while adjusting your headset. They aren't there for you to try to throw a fast ball and actually let go of the controller!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe they could sell Plaster Filler with them too.
Honestly, I do not wear the straps ever.
Never dropped one ever.
Never had Tourettes but don't have tantrums if I get angry and don't need to swear either.
If your Tourettes makes you angry then controlling your swearing may prevent the need to replace straps.
If mine broke and I found out they were merely glued on then I'd use my own way and screw them on!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I never use the straps either, and never had a problem holding on to my controllers.