cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very surprised by Karnage Chronicles!

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
I bought a handful of games that have been 'on my radar' with this new sale, and the first I dived into has been Karnage Chronicles. All I just have to say is, wow! For an early access game on sale for 18$ I cannot believe the level of polish this game has. Its not perfect (hit boxes on archery could be improved) but HOT DAMN is this fun! Think Mage's Tale but with melee. 

Just wanted to sing the praises of this game, it DEF needs to be supported more (only 69 reviews on the Oculus Store!) Anyone else playing this?? And if so, can anyone tell me how to access the glowing green portal in the first 'world' that is behind a locked gate?? Maybe I have to come back eventually as it seems to be a side quest as its not required to advance to the second world, etc.. 
11 REPLIES 11

MowTin
Expert Trustee
It's still in early access? I'll probably buy it when/if I finish Skyrim VR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6ocHJogh2g
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
Yeah its early access. Apparently they are adding a huge upgrade in gameplay 'soon' (whatever that means). I'm about 4 hours into it, taking my time, and I'm a bit into the second world (there appears to be 3 worlds right now)

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
well i just beat it. Took a little over 5 hours. CANT wait for the next content update! 

DanielMist
Protege
Thank you for the shout-out JeremyC85!

Content update 2 is on it's way, and will expand the world of Karnage a lot, with more NPCs, loot, enemies and massively extended play time. We're also currently putting the final touches to Co-Op multiplayer, and will hopefully bring that to Oculus soon (We're currently on a test branch on steam). We're a small 3 man team, so these things take a little time, but we're working around the clock to get updates out as soon as possible! 

For the green portal, have a look around the area, you will see that the Imp likes to eat something. Try that 😉 

Dan, from the Nordic Trolls team
Nordic Trolls Art Director

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
Awesome! Going to check that out. Keep up the great work 

jonelt
Honored Guest
Please apply latest patch to Oculus Store version also. Greate game but unfortunately we are experiencing connection issues 😞

b-twice
Expert Protege
I am currently at version 0.8.6.2 but the version on Steam is 0.8.6.5... whats the deal?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

JeremyC85 said:

I bought a handful of games that have been 'on my radar' with this new sale, and the first I dived into has been Karnage Chronicles. All I just have to say is, wow! For an early access game on sale for 18$ I cannot believe the level of polish this game has. Its not perfect (hit boxes on archery could be improved) but HOT DAMN is this fun! Think Mage's Tale but with melee. 

Just wanted to sing the praises of this game, it DEF needs to be supported more (only 69 reviews on the Oculus Store!) Anyone else playing this?? And if so, can anyone tell me how to access the glowing green portal in the first 'world' that is behind a locked gate?? Maybe I have to come back eventually as it seems to be a side quest as its not required to advance to the second world, etc.. 

Fully agree - I just tried the game and I was greatly surprised. This game doesn't really feel like Early Access, I've seen many v. 1.0+ games with less polish than this game. Karnage Chronicles currently has an average rating of 84% in the Oculus Store based on 124 ratings and is on sale:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1378281665554971

9ai5sdiihrze.jpg

Also this is UE4, I'm convinced ASW 2.0 is working. There're no video settings in-game, so super sampling is the only option (Oculus Tray Tool). Had to switch to controller-oriented locomotion and then back to HMD-directed to get the latter working, but then controls worked perfectly. Graphics are great, although textures could be better - textures aren't Mage's Tale or Lone Echo quality, but probably more like Torn (slightly PSVR-ish). Some textures are awesome though - try to take a close look at your weapons. Water looks great, even saw a fish in a lake etc. Levels of polys are nice too - at least better than unmodded Skyrim 😉 
I'm a chicken in VR, no way I'll play as the usual warrior and having to stand face to face with all sort of horrible creatures, so I went for the bow  o:) :blush:
The lighting and atmosphere are amazing, but I've only played the game for about 1 hour. 
Using ss 2.0 and a GTX 1080 I mostly got 90 fps, ok maybe 60 to 70 % of the time - but unless I waved my hands I didn't notice if fps were slightly lower than 90. But do put the belt away when you're no using it - it may be the difference between 87 or 91 fps  B) 

https://youtu.be/a4Exx0iFtJU

https://youtu.be/roBXKPO2OuA

z7cf0mh3urcz.jpg
f0jaspuah6av.jpg
3x0foeplnvb1.jpg
o940fpzxor5v.jpg
qnebozjckj4d.jpg
5jc2qxrixmk6.jpg

[Note, trying to post again - got logged out of the forum on my rig last night - couldn't sign in again, but I could on my office pc - and this morning my rig works again - man, maybe some divine beings and a handful of priests know how this log-in system works  :# ]

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Just added a few pics and another video to the above post. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"