New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Windlands 2 Official Trailer

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,088 Power Poster
Return to the world of Windlands, alone or with friends. Armed with grappling hooks and a bow, soar through the ruins of a fallen world. Embark on a journey to destroy the gigantic titans and save the world from an ancient danger. Features - Grappling hooks focused locomotion with parkour platforming. - Variety of expansive areas that reward exploration. - Single player or up to four player Co-Op. - New Bow Weapon to use alongside the hooks in epic titan battles. - Fully voiced storyline with NPCs and world events. - Full Original Soundtrack - Optional skill based Speed Run Races and collection challenges with Leaderboards. - Multiple advanced modes, including "no hooks", "one life" and "hook anything". - Collectables, Easter Eggs and Achievements that reward exploration with new hooks as rewards for completers.

System Specs: GTX 1080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 4,877 Power Poster
    I'm going to have to finish the first one. It's great but my play through got interrupted by the release of other games.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 438
    Trinity
    edited September 3
    snowdog said:
    I'm going to have to finish the first one. It's great but my play through got interrupted by the release of other games.

Same here - actually I think I've only completed 2 or 3 levels :blush: Maybe it's time to catch up this weekend :-)

In case some readers of this thread haven't heard of Windlands before - here're some good old trailers - the game has full locomotion, and you get to be Spider-man or close  ;)

- The game's got a 90% average rating based on more than 300 ratings, it's a truly awesome game in spite of the relatively simple graphics:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/989322321141039/

Can't wait for the sequel!
    Intel i7 7700K (4.2-4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS (Home/OEM); Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling at 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR" ;-)
  • kojackkojack Posts: 4,441 Volunteer Moderator
    Looks cool!

It comes out next wednesday and is exclusive to the rift until 2019.

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 4,877 Power Poster
    Good to see that Oculus are still funding developers! :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    Trinity
    edited September 6
    Windlands 2 is now ready for pre-order, you can save $4.5.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/1087949831298664/

I like the low system requirements, because then I might be able to get 90 fps using super-sampling 2.0 - maybe B) 

Recommended hardware:
    Intel i5-4590 equivalant or greater
    NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290
    8 GB system memory

I got to start training later tonight, I'm really bad at Windlands, it's like some giant magnet keeps pulling me to the ground. Maybe it's because I like to take it slow and think my movements through before risking my life - but maybe you really need to stay in motion in Windlands. Got to expand my comfort zone I guess, sigh :# 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.2-4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS (Home/OEM); Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling at 2.0. 

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,377 Poster of the Week
    What's with the low gravity?  I loved Windlands, and I feel they nailed the physics balance and made really cool environments that were fun and challenging to traverse. Now the focus has obviously drifted towards combat, so they had to make environment traversal easier with low gravity and more surface friction.

This is not the Windlands this grumpy old man wanted :angry:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 436
    Trinity
    I never managed to finish the first one, as it bugged out on me a while after they added Touch support, and I couldn't get back to the menu to save. Haven't tried for a while, as I got fed up of constantly throwing away progress, to see if it would work "this time".

Can't say I noticed anything particularly low grav about that. The swinging looked similar to the first one to me. I think it's just seeing it from a 3rd person perspective that makes it look more floaty. As for the combat, I think it could be a good bit of co-op fun. As usual with these up to 4 player co-op games though, I wonder how they're going to scale the difficulty for different numbers of players?
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,377 Poster of the Week
    edited September 7
    @Chazmeister ; - as someone who put in a TON of hours in the original, and completed it on classic/hard mode - the gravity *IS* low.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 157
    Art3mis
    Okay, it seems awesome! One thing though : somehow, I prefer the graphics from the first game xD! The saturation just feels... weird in this one. Like, the colors were way more beautiful in the first game.
    But multiplayer + creatures to fight, it will be great!

I really loved the first one. The only problem is the lifespan, due to the lack of content. But flying around with this low-gravity mechanism is soooo relaxing! Also, I love the OST (though my favourite is not in the full game, it was only in the demonstration).
    RIP My previous VR face :

My current config : HP Omen laptop, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5-7300 HD @2.5GHz + Nvidia GTX 1050 (2GB VRAM).
    Owner of an Oculus DK2 and an Oculus CV1.
    Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.
    - Art Software (Tilt Brush, Oculus Medium, Mocu Mocu Dance).
    - Cinema VR (Oculus Desktop in Google Earth or Skyrim, or Virtual Desktop).
    Trinity
    edited September 12

• jmalmstenjmalmsten Posts: 69
    Hiro Protagonist
    Pre-ordered and waiting for the download option to pop up. It is 12:12 GMT+1, sep 12 right now... right? :)
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 3,841 Valuable Player
    Was at the launch yesterday - I got sucked into the game for nearly half an hour - wow!
    Well done to all the team behind the game, great release - and some great reviews!
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 768
    Trinity
    Never liked the first game much, wasn't really feeling the over simple graphics & use of beige.
    For some reason i picked this one up. Less beige a bit more colour but i still find the art style immature & generic as i do the annoying music. 
    I quite like the game though, it seems more of a challenge with the combat, wish it was a good rather than a bow but i think overall it a really good game. 
    But then omg actually felt the sickness.  Seems i lost my legs not really playing as much VR recently so i'm hoping i get them back & i can last more than an hour. It could also of been a need to lower my gfx setting as there was some slight jitter.  
    Trinity
    edited September 15
    nrosko said:
     i still find the art style immature & generic as i do the annoying music. 

I like the sounds and the music in Windlands 2 - somehow the game feels Zelda-inspired. But maybe you're right that music could be improved, hmmm - with all the swinging I'm not sure if the Windlands 2 theme song should be:

or 

:D 

• nroskonrosko Posts: 768
    Trinity
    RuneSR2 said:
    nrosko said:
     i still find the art style immature & generic as i do the annoying music. 

I like the sounds and the music in Windlands 2 - somehow the game feels Zelda-inspired. But maybe you're right that music could be improved, hmmm - with all the swinging I'm not sure if the Windlands 2 theme song should be:

:D 
    Definitely zelda inspired, that's the sort of thing i never really got into or liked.  I like your suggestions but i'll probably just put up with the game music :)