New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The Official TV Thread

14567810»

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,927 Volunteer Moderator
    Is that the same woman being kidnapped by Dracula on each cover?
    Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,991 Valuable Player
    I still enjoyed 3 but it was not great and the ending well, that is highly controversial. I would stick with 1 & 2 not to sully their reputation especially if you are a die hard Dracula fan:)

You like Dracula to look like Tom Jones? lol

It's not unusual.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,787 Valuable Player
    kojack said:kojack said:

Uh, nope, I left out the ones with brown hair :blush:
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Am watching the series Homecoming on Amazon Prime at the moment. Julia Roberts has aged pretty well.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Just started to watch episode 3, this has got a real Jacob's Ladder feel to it so far. I love it.

I really should get back to watching The Avengers.
    No, not that one, I mean the GOOD one.

Mrs Peel could kick Black Widow's ass.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,591 Valuable Player
    edited January 25
    I did mention this before but if you get a chance watch 'Memories of Alhambra' on Netflix. I loved it. 

• NigelDuncanNigelDuncan Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I like series mostly and several other different shows. Like Originals, Vampire Diaries etc.
  • jennifersmjennifersm Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I love watching friends with benefits and Money Heist on Netflix, if any suggestions do let me know.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,787 Valuable Player
    Just bought this one - can't have the evil streaming companies to win over the lovely disc producers  o:)

Image result for true detective season 3 blu-ray

So far it's awesome, ok not season 1 awesome, but seems much more in line with season 1 than 2. Only watched episodes 1 and 2 so far, will continue tonight. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    kojack said:
    One tv series (not zombies) that I'm really excited about is the Tales From The Loop series being made by Amazon. It's based on the artwork of Simon Stalenhag, from his books Tales From The Loop and Things From The Flood, about life in the 80's in Sweden near a particle accelerator that messes up reality. (The series won't be set in sweden though)
    His website has a HUGE amount of his artwork, including multiple shots of each piece to zoom in on various details.

There's also a film being made right now about Simon's third book Electric State, about a girl and her robot sidekick traveling across post apocalyptic america (I don't have the book yet, but from the artwork I've seen it appears VR headsets wiped out or enslaved most of humanity).
    One and a half years since that post and... Tales From The Loop came out on Amazon today!
    It's got 8 episodes, each about 52-57min.
    The visual style is a perfect copy of Simon's artwork.

It's pretty heavy. I've just watched 2 episodes and I'm going to have to do something to cheer myself up (maybe some Audica). It's awesome, but it's almost like a slow burn twilight zone.

• WildtWildt Posts: 2,297 Valuable Player
    I just finished season 1 of Altered Carbon, and liked it quite a bit. Was all ready to start season 2 until I saw the abysmal reviews from people who loved season 1. 
    Any of you guys seen it?
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
    I liked Altered Carbon season 1, but season 2 just didn't feel up to the same standard. Still an ok show, but it didn't seem as good.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,297 Valuable Player
    Roger that. I'll skip season 2.
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • getlinesgetlines Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I finished watching I-Land last night and it was great. Only a one series wonder which is unusual these days and only 7 episodes long. B

• FitBoy01FitBoy01 Posts: 18
    Brain Burst
    snowdog said:
    I LOVED Babylon 5, I rewatch it every few years. Farscape and Lexx too.
    I am with you Dude
    I watched the second series of Top Of The Lake and really enjoyed it.

Both series revolve around a Kiwi cop that returned home after working in Oz and the second series she goes back to Australia again.

She's dead fit too 💕🥰💕🥰

First series started with a pregnant 12 year old trying to top herself in a lake and second series started with a pro's body in a suitcase being dumped in the sea. 😁

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,591 Valuable Player
    kojack said:
    I liked Altered Carbon season 1, but season 2 just didn't feel up to the same standard. Still an ok show, but it didn't seem as good.
    The first book Altered carbon is really a classic and I can thoroughly recommend it.  I must have listened to it three times on audible. The second book is just a good read but nothing memorable. They must have decided to skip it and just write something based on the world.

It could be a book further down the line but I doubt it as they screwed with the first story line so much it probably had a knock on effect to the other stories.

Season one was good as a stand alone but they butchered the story. Still I enjoyed it. 

I would skip season 2, it's a standard formula based attempt, politically correct to the point of complete blandness. Normally what happens when the first is a success and then too many people get involved trying to please everybody.

I am going to end by recommending the book again as it is a brilliant, atmospheric,cyber punk, dystopian story that is  even better than Blade Runner (although in that case the film was better than the book it was based on) :) 

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,475 Valuable Player
    Just watched the series "Salvation" on Netflix.  Good series.
    I just started watching The Midnight Gospel.

Umm, yeah. I'm 2 episodes in and I don't know if I want to watch the remaining 6.
    I love the bizarre art style, but the dialog is mind numbingly boring. It's like watching an  episode of Liquid Television or Trip Tank but replacing the audio with a philosophy podcast that is 99.5% unrelated to what you are watching.

For example, the first episode is a zombie apocalypse with batshit crazy stuff going on, but the entire time the dialog is just the show's creator talking to Doctor Drew Pinsky (some american radio show host) about meditation and marijuana use.

I just finished the second episode 5min ago and I barely have any clue what it was really about. Visually it was about a horrific meat processing system taken from games like the original Prey (the human processing) or Quake 4 (the Strogg conversion), but the dialog was a 20min chat with a woman talking about how jesus felt love while on the cross. And something about being accepting of death. I think.

Basically it's just the main guy having an interview with someone on a topic, then the animators make a crazy unrelated sequence that's lip synced to it.

I may actually like it if I turn the sound off.

Wait... why am I watching this when episode 5 of Tower Of God (anime) came out 1.5 hours ago!

Have been rewatching Life On Mars and Ashes To Ashes that have recently appeared on Netflix. Love these two series, the music in particular is awesome. Am surprised that they didn't do a third one set in the early 90s.

Just seen that Absentia has had another two series since I watched the first series years ago!

It's got the hornbat from Castle in it as the lead character. 🥰❤🥰

Just started rewatching the first episode. 😁

It's awesome, well worth a watch!

I started on War Of The Worlds.

It's pretty good so far (I've seen 3 episodes).
    I hope they ramp up the aliens though, now that they've been revealed, they are no longer scary, since their design is too similar to, umm, something I won't spoil. But it's something I'm a fan of. But I know people who would be terrified of them. There had better be more types.

I watched Warrior Nun.
    It's got some ok parts. For a show about a girl with angelic based super powers destined to fight demons, there's not much fighting demons with super powers, more wanting to party or run away. It's basically Buffy The Vampire Slayer, but where too much of the first season is the main character just wanting to party with her new boyfriend.

Van Helsing was far better. I really enjoyed that show.