New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The Official TV Thread

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,035 Valuable Player
    Zenbane never mentioned that. He’s slipping!!!!

No more Beat Saber for you @Zenbane

:D 
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,537 Volunteer Moderator
    French cartoons you say?

Ulysses 31

Mysterious Cities of Gold

Ok, they are french/japanese collaborations to be accurate.

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,805 Valuable Player
    Battle of the Planets.

Heidi (it was on, i never watched it, honest).    :D
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,428 Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Who remembers "The Flashing Blade" ?

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Ahhh brix remembered it lol
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Silas was another of those foreign, dubbed ones:

One of my FAVORITE old tv movies.

Intro:

Commercial:

• JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    What about Saturdays mornings:

"Uh-oh, Jungo!" :D

The Arabian Knights and Banana Splits...! Also The Monkees.

To say nothing of...

Mutley, doooo something! :D

Digikid1 said:

Intro:

Commercial:

Not sure how old you are Digikid but do you remember the Red Hand Gang and kids of degrassi street?  I think they were Canadian and made it over here in the late 70s early 80s.  I was in Canada last year and they were still playing the kids of degrassi, or some follow on.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,676 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    Load of bollox on TV right now, but I did like Red Dwarf, Blackadder and Doctor Foster. Also watched Stranger Things on Amazon, but can't get into the second series as much. Watched the Walking Dead, but it's just silly now and I've stopped watching it. Band Of Brothers has to be the best thing I've seen, I've watched the the box set a few times now. Keep meaning to watch Narcos on Netflix to see if I like that. 

Other then that it's just documentaries about anything really..
    Not forgetting the Pacific, another cracking series. Stick with Stranger Things mate, it does get better :)

edited September 2018
    The Brady Bunch - and Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home (never was there a more apt prog title for a child to watch!).

Here's some nostalgia for ya (if not a decent pic... still, sign of the times back then, I s'pose...)

Digikid1 said:

Intro:

Commercial:

Not sure how old you are Digikid but do you remember the Red Hand Gang and kids of degrassi street?  I think they were Canadian and made it over here in the late 70s early 80s.  I was in Canada last year and they were still playing the kids of degrassi, or some follow on.
    39 currently.  Born in Jan 1979.  I have heard of the DeGrassi series but was never interested in them.  Boy Meets World was more my style. 
    Digikid1 said:
    Digikid1 said:

Intro:

Commercial:

39 currently.  Born in Jan 1979.  I have heard of the DeGrassi series but was never interested in them.  Boy Meets World was more my style. 

Ah yeah - and now we have Girl Meets World - with the boy as the dad, i think.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,883 Volunteer Moderator
    I'm not watching much TV lately, but Better Call Saul started it's new season a few weeks ago, that's pretty good (follow-up series to Breaking Bad).

I did enjoy Sasha Baron Cohen's recent series Who Is America, in a can't-look-away-from-a-tranwreck sort of way.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,527 Valuable Player
    I do like to re-watch Breaking Bad one time a year. I used to keep The Walking Dead playing every damn day for years (I'd have it running while working), but I've finally graduated from that show. I only watch now just to keep up with the story.

Nowadays when I want something running on TV while I'm working, I will play either Infinity War or a concert, like Rammstein.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Digikid1 said:
    Digikid1 said:

Intro:

Commercial:

Ah yeah - and now we have Girl Meets World - with the boy as the dad, i think.
    Yup.....and its pretty darn good as well.
    edited September 2018
    Thing that ruins The Walking dead for me. The zombies are so slow so why couldn't the military just wipe them out like  this small group of citizens :D

Yes, I know it's only TV, but it does make me wonder :)
    RedRizla said:
    Thing that ruins The Walking dead for me. The zombies are so slow so why couldn't the military just wipe them out like a this small group of citizens :D

Yeah that's covered in most zombie films lol

The military would have to kill all the citizens as well. The Zombie epidemic in most stories starts off small, mixed amongst citizens. The "military" is usually out doing military things... like fighting wars against real humans, or engaging in strategy and tactics surrounding real government. Getting them organized to mass kill zombies isn't exactly a high priority lol

Besides, what happens after the military wipes out all zombies anyway? The military is made up of humans, they will also get sick and die, and become zombies. Killing zombies doesn't remove the zombie plague. Anyone who dies becomes a zombie. Wiping everyone out doesn't solve the problem.
    @Zenbane - That would make for a good film. The Zombies are actually the military personal who have wiped out the human population of Zombies, but become the Zombies themselves. Best Zombie film has to be 28 days later where it was a bit more believable. Well something along them lines at-least.. 
    edited September 2018
    I read one of George Ramero's scripts for a Day of the Dead follow-up that was never created. If you have ever watched Day of the Dead, they are working with that famous Zombie, Bub:

They are trying to train him not to eat humans. And Bub even remembers some of his soldier behavior:

Fun fact, The Walking Dead did a shoutout to Bub during one of their zombie horde scenes (S04E15):

The unmade script has what I feel is the most realistic approach to dealing with the Zombi Apocalypse (I use the word "realistic" quite loosely here). Basically, Bub was the proof of concept that Zombies can in fact be trained. The military is not able to train them to avoid eating "humans" but instead trains them to kill anything that is not wearing a certain color vest. I think it was orange (iirc). So they then arm the zombies with weapons (Bub successfully shot a gun at the end of Day of the Dead). These military zombies end up going around killing all the other zombies.

Of course, the story still ends tragically. Something goes wrong and the military zombies start killing the humans anyway lol

Zombies always win!

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,537 Volunteer Moderator
    RedRizla said:
    Best Zombie film has to be 28 days later where it was a bit more believable. Well something along them lines at-least.. 
    I liked The Dead. It had one thing that I really appreciated: there was no "humans are the real evil" style thing. I'm tired of the whole zombies as a backdrop while humans argue and fight with each other.

Zombie Flesh Eaters (also known as Zombi 2) was cool because it had a zombie fighting a shark. I have a tshirt of that. :)
    Plus that famous eye stabbing scene.

Train to Busan was a recent good one. People are trapped on a train with zombies in Korea. I really want to see the animated prequel: Seoul Station.

I got bored of The Walking Dead around season 3 and stopped watching it. I only really enjoyed season 1.

One tv series (not zombies) that I'm really excited about is the Tales From The Loop series being made by Amazon. It's based on the artwork of Simon Stalenhag, from his books Tales From The Loop and Things From The Flood, about life in the 80's in Sweden near a particle accelerator that messes up reality. (The series won't be set in sweden though)
    His website has a HUGE amount of his artwork, including multiple shots of each piece to zoom in on various details.

There's also a film being made right now about Simon's third book Electric State, about a girl and her robot sidekick traveling across post apocalyptic america (I don't have the book yet, but from the artwork I've seen it appears VR headsets wiped out or enslaved most of humanity).

Hell of the Living Dead (1980) was one of my favorite zombi films as a kid. I've been obsessed with Zombi's since a very young age. A Zombi film has to be really bad for me to not watch it.

As for Walking Dead, I always read people complaining about it online. I stopped joining Facebook Groups about the show because all people would do is whine. It seems like it is just the trendy thing to do for people to publicly announce that they don't like the show.

I only lost interest in its plot after fans protested Negan's killing of two main characters. The show had to adjust to accommodate all those weaklings that couldn't handle a healthy dose of reality. Similar to people who gave Infinity War a bad review because main characters died lol. Regardless, I still think that Walking Dead achieved something great by making a mult-year show that often had high ratings despite being based entirely on the Zombi mythos.

Aside from that, Game of Thrones is poised to take the "best show of all time" title away from Breaking Bad after next year!

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,044 Valuable Player
    I really liked Dead Set, a series set in a zombie apocalypse from inside a Big Brother type of telly programme. It was awesome :D

In The Flesh was also great. Set after a zombie apocalypse where zombies are brought back into society and wear contact lenses and make up.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    RedRizla said:
    Thing that ruins The Walking dead for me. The zombies are so slow so why couldn't the military just wipe them out like  this small group of citizens :D

What got me is how these things fall to pieces when handled, yet somehow manage to overpower fit and healthy people - and you don't see many of them throwing up from the inevitable stench.

Oh - and how these lumbering things manage to sneak up on people in the middle of a wood :p

Also, how can they digest? How can they make vocal sounds and why do some of them breathe?

Basic stuff, but all to make it watchable.

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,883 Volunteer Moderator
    snowdog said:
    I really liked Dead Set, a series set in a zombie apocalypse from inside a Big Brother type of telly programme. It was awesome :D

In The Flesh was also great. Set after a zombie apocalypse where zombies are brought back into society and wear contact lenses and make up.
    Dead Set was awesome, I kept that on my PVR for years! I still love Walking Dead, and I also watch Fear The Walking Dead, but that show isn’t as good—it hasn’t figured out what it wants to be, so it keeps changing everything up each season. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    nalex66 said:
    snowdog said:

Dead Set was awesome, I kept that on my PVR for years! I still love Walking Dead, and I also watch Fear The Walking Dead, but that show isn’t as good—it hasn’t figured out what it wants to be, so it keeps changing everything up each season. 

Hooray! Happy someone else still enjoys Walking Dead lol

Agreed on Fear the Walking Dead. It has some of my favorite actors/actresses (like the cast of Deadwood) but the plot has been quite painful.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,044 Valuable Player
    I like Fear The Walking Dead and The Walking Dead too. Haven't watched the last two series of the former yet though.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever