New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The Official TV Thread

Comments

• LeroyVRChristopherLeroyVRChristopher Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Right now I am binging season 2 of Ozark. I'm also a huge fan of Shameless.
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 843
    3Jane
    Shameless is great, at least the North American version. William H. Macy's a dead ringer for hardcore drunk I actually know in real life, and he nails it. I also love Ozark and can't wait for season 3, later this year apparently.

Another great series was Bloodline...only 3 seasons, but a great story with some pretty big actors. Definitely one of my favourites.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,582 Valuable Player
    Just saw that this starts Nov 8 - I thought the show was cancelled, but seems it went from Netflix to HBO...:

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,879 Valuable Player
    This latest season of Peaky Blinders was a bit pants. Only 6 episodes and ends incredibly prematurely.

Going to start with Jack Ryan Season 2!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,297 Valuable Player
    Swamp Thing is also kn Amazon Prime Video here in the UK. Will watch it when I've finished watching Cloak and Dagger (also on Amazon!).
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    snowdog said:
    Swamp Thing is also kn Amazon Prime Video here in the UK. Will watch it when I've finished watching Cloak and Dagger (also on Amazon!).
    Nice - maybe I should consider Prime instead. Is Cloak and Dagger good? I can see it's 6.8 on IMDB, doesn't sound bad, but also not very good either... 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

It's pretty good so far, and Olivia Holt is HOT so there is that lol :D

There are 2 series on Amazon Prime Video and I think Disney are going to bung the third one on their new thingummybob.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Jack Ryan Season 2 is not living up to the expectations set by the first season. At last no so far (currently on Episode 3).

Everything is so cliche, predictable, and unoriginal. Even the dialogue is overly cliche.

"I am not leaving until I find out what happened."
    "But this is bigger than you!"

Introducing characters with a quick backstory that is painfully obvious in its setup for an upcoming death. They even have the quintessential "get away driver" who was supposed to be retired but was convinced to come along for "one last job."

I'm gonna finish the season, but it's getting a bit painful.
    I loved that programme, particularly the torture lol :D

I'm rewatching a REAL blast from the past. A series that was on in the late 70s and early 80s with the late great Jon Pertwee called Worzel Gummidge:

Still as good as I remember it, Jon Pertwee was brilliant in this role.

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,932 Valuable Player
    Just watched the first season of Dark on Nettflix. I usually hate dubbed voice in things, but this is so good it didn't bother me one bit.

I'm currently watching The Witcher on Netflix. I was skeptical at first since video-game-to-TV typically doesn't turn out all that great. But so far I am loving it! The Fight Scenes are fantastic.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,165 Valuable Player
    I just binged season 4 of The Expanse on my new OLED telly. Thoroughly enjoyed it, looks like they got a good budget boost after moving to Amazon. 
    And the whole vibe and visual theme was totally in line with Destiny 2 which I'm playing atm.
    Good stuff 😊👍

PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
    I've really been enjoying the second series of Lucifer on Amazon, so glad that Netflix picked it up and continued to make them.

Mainly cos Maze is VERY hot and tends to wear a lot of leather lol :D

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,001 Volunteer Moderator
    Zenbane said:
    I'm currently watching The Witcher on Netflix. I was skeptical at first since video-game-to-TV typically doesn't turn out all that great. But so far I am loving it! The Fight Scenes are fantastic.
    Yep, they did a great job. They really should add in at least one scene of Roach getting stuck on the roof of a house though.
    It did take me a little bit to realise we were seeing several different timelines mixed up in the episodes, I was thinking they had changed the ages of characters.
    Wildt said:
    I just binged season 4 of The Expanse on my new OLED telly. Thoroughly enjoyed it, looks like they got a good budget boost after moving to Amazon.
    Yep, season 4 on OLED here too. :)
    I found this season a little slower, kind of. It felt like not as much happened. That could be because seasons 2 and 3 had 13 episodes instead of 10 like seasons 1 and 4, and the political bit doesn't interest me. Still really good.

I see Lost In Space season 2 is out, I should check that out.

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,274 Valuable Player
    Witcher is great so far. It also has an excellent breasts to screen time ratio :)
    edited January 4
    Nice, just saw this - new show on Netflix:

BTW, I just started reading the Marvel books again. It's been decades since I read them, strangely now the horror seems scarier/better than ever. For example, here Dracula succeeds in using large mirrors to travel through dimensions, and Dracula uses Taj as some sort of live beverage. Actually if I was a strong vampire that's not a bad idea  >:)

Thinking of the Comic Code, the above panel shows how Dracula uses other persons and only cares for his own wellbeing.

Another fun thing, when travelling through a dimension it seems Dracula met some dudes who once had stopped playing VR games and had gone back to pancake gaming  :D

;)  

Here's an example of how Dracula ingeniously mentally reframes a potential threat into a source of nourishment:

And another example of Dracula's extreme selfishness:

Unfortunately I'm not sure that everybody considers Dracula to be a negative role model. - He's quite smart and shows incredible survival skills  :o  and he turns many desperate situations to his own advantage. I'm wondering if the Count doesn't have a lot of fans and if the Comic Code really worked to protect young minds :blush:  Maybe reading ToD when I was 9 years old profoundly impacted my personality development  B)

ToD books are still some of my favorite comic books (of all time) and Colan's art is amazing  :)

In short, I really doubt that the new Netflix show can live up to the extremely high standards in the Marvel books and won't be a big disappointment to me - but I'll give it a shot tonight  o:)

Had to stop watching episode 1 of the new Dracula show about 10 min before the end, I could no longer care for the story. Maybe many will like it, it's 7.4 on IMDB, but not more than 5/10 at best in my book. Just wasted more than 1 hour I could have spent so much better in VR. This is not the Dracula I was hoping to see, the story felt awkward and more or less everything felt like a waste of time. The first 30 minutes were great though.

Don't think that's on the UK Netflix yet, haven't seen it anyway.

I LOVE Vampire stuff!

snowdog said:

I LOVE Vampire stuff!
    Maybe you'll love it, it's just far from my vision of the Count - and too many silly/semi-funny one or two-liners, don't think the Count would talk like that. He's also behaving with less dignity than previously etc. There're several 1/10 ratings on IMDB, but also many 9-10/10, seems the show might be hit or miss (many complain that the show is taking far too many liberties compared to Bram Storker's original vision). Maybe Storker would look like this after watching episode 1  :D

Image result for bram stoker

I've been rewatching Star Trek DS9. Damn that's a good show. Back when it came out I didn't care much for it because I was a Babylon 5 fan. But now I appreciate it more.
    I never really liked the "luxury cruise ship in space with a crew of paragons" style of Next Gen and Voyager. DS9 is rougher, everything is dark, cramped and broken with constant grey areas around politics, religion, laws and war.
    I'm a bit past where they get the Defiant, it's so cool that it has bunk beds in rooms smaller than my bathroom.
    That's why I enjoyed Enterprise too, the ship felt more realistic inside.

I'm annoyed that I can't rewatch Babylon 5. No streaming service in australia has it, except for buying it on Google Play or Itunes. :(

One thing most western scifi seems to have in common: a lack of itano circuses. :(

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,465 Volunteer Moderator
    snowdog said:

I LOVE Vampire stuff!
    It's on the BBC, so iPlayer for catchup, I didn't check if the whole series is available on iplayer of releasing the same time as the episodes go out live. I guess the BBC did a deal with Netflix on this one, possibly joint funded?

Haven't watch it yet but it's on my list... as is the new War of the Worlds miniseries.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.657)
    I thought Dracula was pretty damned good (maybe not so much the episode 3. Should of ended at 2.), his character changed depending on the blood he consumed. I quite liked his attitude but Van Helsing stole the show.
    I thought Dracula was pretty damned good (maybe not so much the episode 3. Should of ended at 2.), his character changed depending on the blood he consumed. I quite liked his attitude but Van Helsing stole the show.
    You're saying I should watch the last 10 minutes of episode 1 and give episode 2 a shot? 

I do collect the books, maybe I should give it another try...

Well I think it is, kind of a Sean Connery James Bond approach to it :)
    edited January 9
    Well I think it is, kind of a Sean Connery James Bond approach to it :)

Dracula is played by a Danish actor, those Danes are everywhere these days, lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claes_Bang

I wonder if native English speakers noticed the accent much? 

Yes his accent is amazing, I would never have guessed.
    You crazy crazy fools. Everyone knows that Dracula is Transylvanian. That's the accent.

Bleedin Muppets.

The best Dracula:

edited January 12
    kojack said:
    The best Dracula:

I still prefer Marvel's version - Tomb of Dracula is simply awesome. Recently bought some original Colan art, I think it shows the Count just how I like him, lol :)

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1475772

Did watch the new Netflix Dracula show again, episode 2 was good (very different from episode 1), but episode 3 is hard to make it through - turned it off after 30 mins, but might give it a go later tonight... 

I still enjoyed 3 but it was not great and the ending well, that is highly controversial. I would stick with 1 & 2 not to sully their reputation especially if you are a die hard Dracula fan:)

You like Dracula to look like Tom Jones? lol