New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The Official TV Thread

12345679»

Comments

• LeroyVRChristopherLeroyVRChristopher Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Right now I am binging season 2 of Ozark. I'm also a huge fan of Shameless.
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 823
    3Jane
    Shameless is great, at least the North American version. William H. Macy's a dead ringer for hardcore drunk I actually know in real life, and he nails it. I also love Ozark and can't wait for season 3, later this year apparently.

Another great series was Bloodline...only 3 seasons, but a great story with some pretty big actors. Definitely one of my favourites.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,950 Valuable Player
    Just saw that this starts Nov 8 - I thought the show was cancelled, but seems it went from Netflix to HBO...:

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,623 Valuable Player
    This latest season of Peaky Blinders was a bit pants. Only 6 episodes and ends incredibly prematurely.

Going to start with Jack Ryan Season 2!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,153 Valuable Player
    Swamp Thing is also kn Amazon Prime Video here in the UK. Will watch it when I've finished watching Cloak and Dagger (also on Amazon!).
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,950 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    Swamp Thing is also kn Amazon Prime Video here in the UK. Will watch it when I've finished watching Cloak and Dagger (also on Amazon!).
    Nice - maybe I should consider Prime instead. Is Cloak and Dagger good? I can see it's 6.8 on IMDB, doesn't sound bad, but also not very good either... 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    It's pretty good so far, and Olivia Holt is HOT so there is that lol :D

There are 2 series on Amazon Prime Video and I think Disney are going to bung the third one on their new thingummybob.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,623 Valuable Player
    Jack Ryan Season 2 is not living up to the expectations set by the first season. At last no so far (currently on Episode 3).

Everything is so cliche, predictable, and unoriginal. Even the dialogue is overly cliche.

"I am not leaving until I find out what happened."
    "But this is bigger than you!"

Introducing characters with a quick backstory that is painfully obvious in its setup for an upcoming death. They even have the quintessential "get away driver" who was supposed to be retired but was convinced to come along for "one last job."

I'm gonna finish the season, but it's getting a bit painful.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    I loved that programme, particularly the torture lol :D

I'm rewatching a REAL blast from the past. A series that was on in the late 70s and early 80s with the late great Jon Pertwee called Worzel Gummidge:

Still as good as I remember it, Jon Pertwee was brilliant in this role.

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,775 Valuable Player
    Just watched the first season of Dark on Nettflix. I usually hate dubbed voice in things, but this is so good it didn't bother me one bit.