New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Video plays too fast

hyenannahyenanna Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited September 8 in Support
I'm suddenly having issues with my videos playing too fast in my oculus go. Both audio and video is speeding up in the first 2 seconds. Any suggestions?

Comments

• jgoisherejgoishere Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited September 9
    I'm having similar problem. The downloaded 360 video plays normal speed except in 360 mode on the Oculus Go. In 360 mode, the video and audio is fast.
  • hyenannahyenanna Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Didn't think about testing the other modes but now I see that it's exactly the same thing for me, it's only in 360 mode the video and audio speeds up. Have you found any solution yet? 
  • Ambrose360Ambrose360 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same issue with the audio sounding like it is a vinyl record that is being sped up 1.5x 
  • VRebeccaVRebecca Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    This problem has really disrupted my workflow.  It has just started happening for me when looking at my own uploaded 360 videos in gallery.  I thought maybe it was an encoding error, and re encoded all my videos at various settings, bitrates etc, but to no avail.  I can only watch them in 360 mode, so not sure if they play ok in any other viewing format.   After reading this post I checked older videos I know played back perfectly and they are now playing back too fast as well.  So I'm wondering it if's related to an update I am unaware of - has there been an update that might have affected this?  Thoughts anyone?  PS Content in apps is playing at the right speed.  
  • greenhousefilmsgreenhousefilms Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am having the exact same problem with both TB 360 video and Stereo.
  • dt1900dt1900 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same problem here. Any ideas on cause or way to fix it?
  • kimikakimika Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I can replicate this and don't know how to fix it. 
  • VRebeccaVRebecca Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I've sent a request to oculus to look into it, but in the meantime in case this is helpful to anyone, here are some detailed specs for video uploads: https://creator.oculus.com/distribute/oculus-video/
  • dt1900dt1900 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I factory reset my Go and am no longer having the problem. I had previously been doing some development work on it, including adb mirroring as described here: https://pixvana.com/sharing-your-oculus-go-screen-on-your-laptop/. perhaps the ADB commands could have set something with the framerate?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,101 Oculus Staff
    Please feel free to submit a support ticket and we can look into this. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • FunKingFunKing Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    OTOH, I'd love to be able to change playback speed (when I wanted, of course)!
    Can I suggest this bug as a feature?  :D 
  • Weisnougat1Weisnougat1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Has this been solved yet? I cant deliver a project to my client with the Oculus Go malfunctioning.
  • scottgoughscottgough Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    No it hasn’t. I’m guessing it needs a firmware update for the Go. 
    Mots a fundamental issue that I’d hope they prioritise fixing. 
  • DakartDakart Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Still having this issue... The video plays fine in the Samsung VR Videos app, though.
  • scottgoughscottgough Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Not tried pkaying through that app, will give it a go 
  • cgreer00cgreer00 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same problem with the 360 videos I upload straight to the Go. They play at a normal speed on my laptop but too fast on the Go.
  • superswellVRsuperswellVR Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yeah, doing the same for me. We downloaded the Skybox VR player app and it's working fine there.