cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official Films Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well bollocks, we've got a telly thread so I thought I'd create one for films too.

I'm currently working my way through Movies With A Twist Collection 3 which I downloaded years ago from TPB. All of those torrents are now dead which is a shame because I didn't get around to downloading Collection 4. I'm downloading all of those separately which is a hassle but will be worth it in the end going by 1-3 so far.

Am in the middle of watching Law Abiding Citizen, I think I've seen it before but i was so long ago I've forgotten what happens.

The problem with watching these films knowing that there's a twist makes it easy to work out what the twist in question is so probably better if you watch them without that knowledge lol

Here's a list of some of my all-time favourite films of all-time in no particular order:

Brazil
The Life Of Brian
The Holy Grail
The Meaning Of Life
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Lifeforce (a terrible film but the female lead vampire spends most of it naked lol)
All Lethal Weapons
All Die Hards
Every Dirty Harry Film
The Jungle Book (the Disney original)
Pi
Falling Down (just for the McDonalds scene lmfao)
Silent Running
Logan's Run
All 60s-70s Planet Of The Apes
Soylent Green

Am going to stop there otherwise this post is going to be HUGE lol

583 REPLIES 583

LZoltowski
Champion
Hey, I don't mind the off topic threads, but could we perhaps combine TV and Movies into one?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought it would be best to have them separate because they're entirely separate things. 😄

LZoltowski
Champion

snowdog said:

I thought it would be best to have them separate because they're entirely separate things. 😄

Well, they are entertainment 🙂 ... The Off-topic category was meant to be for things still within the realm of technology, I don't mind these threads but it starts getting messy if there is a large number of active ones. 

Ill tell you what, let's keep it for now but let's try and limit them in the future, or merge/rename existing ones thanks!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, no probs  😄

Digikid1
Consultant
For me a movie HAS to have humor in order to be acceptable.  I absolutely hate musicals/dance movies. That said I watch comedies and science fiction and cartoon movies. 

Currently bought ( I do not AND WILL NOT support pirated media ) Deadpool 2, Black Panther on 4K Bluray. I also grabbed The Police Academy Collection for $19.99cdn on iTunes.  Now that’s comedy gold right there. 

kojack
MVP
MVP
Deadpool 2 was great.
I haven't seen Black Panther yet (or infinity war). My interest in the MCU is at the level where I wait for them to come on Foxtel (cable tv in australia), I don't feel like spending money just for them. Except Iron Man 2 and the two Guardians Of The Galaxy movies, which I bought on bluray. I did see Thor 3 just the other week (on Foxtel), that was way better than the last two. Korg is the best character in the whole MCU!

Ok, some lesser known ones I really enjoy:
Hard Revenge Milly and Hard Revenge Milly Bloody Battle
These are a pair of japanese action/gore movies along the lines of Machine Girl and Tokyo Gore Police. Milly's family was murdered by a gang of criminals who butchered her and elft her for dead. But a doctor found her and saved her. Now she's hunting them down. "Hard Revenge" is appropriate here, there's tons of blood, dismemberment and brutal violence.
Apart from one scene in the first movie, they are played fairly seriously, unlike the Machine Girl type gore films that have a lot of comedy. The special effects are rather low budget and fake, but I'm fine with that.

Aachi & Ssipak
Korean animated movie set in a future where human excrement is the main energy source. If you crap in a government toilet, it rewards you with a drug filled ice block (or popsicle / ice pop for other countries).
The action scenes, especially the ones involving the cyborg cop, are insanely awesome.
Offensive and ugly, but so damn good.
(Apparently the english edit that came out years later is garbage, bad dubbing, added jokes and cut scenes. Get the original Korean sub)

Rec & Rec 2
Zombie movies set in an apartment building. Rec is the original spanish version, there's an american remake called Quarantine which is pretty good too, I saw that one first. Quarantine 2 isn't a remake of Rec 2, just to make it more confusing.
The Rec movies are the only shaky-cam found footage type movies I've ever seen where it makes sense that during a zombie attack someone uses a camera. I hate that in most of these movies, DROP THE F***ING CAMERA! But in Rec, it's about a reporter and her camera man stuck in the building. The cameraman films everything, since that's his job. Then they need the camera's light and night vision later, so he still needs to hold it up.
In Rec 2, it's still found footage style shaky-cam, but this time it's helmet mounted cameras on the police sent in to secure the building, which makes even more sense. Rec 3 got stupid though. 1&2 were the best.

Dead Snow and Dead Snow 2
If you are a little bored of zombie movies, or ever feel bad about zombies being killed because they are just normal people that got infected (maybe there's a cure?), the Dead Snow series gives you intelligent nazi zombies!
In Dead Snow 1, a group of friends are staying in a cabin in the snow, and accidentally awaken a squad of Nazi zombies.
In Dead Snow 2, the fight between the Nazi zombies and one of the survivors of the first movie continues. This one has a lot more comedy, but is also just insane. I love it!
The dialog scenes in Dead Snow 2 were filmed in both english and norwegian.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Blimey, haven't heard of any of those! I'm gonna check them out once I've finished my Movies With A Twist collections.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@kojack The Deadpool series is fantastic!

My favourite movies in no particular order:

Beetlejuice
The Last Waltz
The Shining
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Southland Tales
The Box
Donnie Darko
The Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Alien
The Thing
Insidious series
Poltergeist (original)
The Terminator series

Had to stop the list - it is getting way to long. I love movies - possibly more than video games, but less than music.

I have watched a few lately - mostly indie films, that have been fantastic. Can't think of the titles off the top of my head because I watch to many movies - but when I remember them I will put them in a list and post them when I have the time.

LZoltowski
Champion
for me, in no particular order

The Green Mile
Terminator 2
The Never Ending Story
Labyrinth
What Dreams May Come
Inception
Interstellar
Pretty Woman
Myst
A Monster Calls
The impossible
Jurassic Park 1
Deadpool 1/2
X-Men (1 and 2)
The Thing (original)
The Bird Cage
Original Star Wars
Titanic
The Abyss
Die Hard
The Fifth Element
Brazil
Leon
Reservoir Dogs

Be kind to one another 🙂