New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

What's required for a steering wheel?

Ducati07Ducati07 Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hello, I've got a Razor Pro that has three USB ports so they're all taken with the headset and sensors with the Rift.

I've never seen how a wheel is attached so how does that work?

Do I need to add more USB ports to my PC to accommodate what I would assume to be more USB's?

I'd like to get the wheel, shifter, and pedals.

Thanks for any help on this topic!  

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 4,873 Volunteer Moderator
    If you don't have enough usb ports, you'll need to get a usb hub (a powered one is probably less likely to cause problems) to extend the number.

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 5,772 Valuable Player
    Yup, they connect via USB so you'll need to get a hub or PCI-E expansion card.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Ducati07Ducati07 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Awesome, thanks! 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,726 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    Yes a powered hub will work great , I have been using a CyberPower USB 2.0 powered hub for several years with great success. As kojak mentioned, be sure to get a powered one with it's own electrical plug.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • G1DD3NG1DD3N Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I have a Thrustmaster T150 Pro - needs a single USB to connect to.

Is there no USBs on the front of your PC case or anything that you could connect to?
  • kojackkojack Posts: 4,873 Volunteer Moderator
    G1DD3N said:
    I have a Thrustmaster T150 Pro - needs a single USB to connect to.

Is there no USBs on the front of your PC case or anything that you could connect to?
    He's got a Razer Pro. That's a laptop.

Although it does have a usb-c port, you could use an adapter to hook a wheel up.