New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Any good full long-form games that get you moving your whole body?

DreadlordnafDreadlordnaf Posts: 10
NerveGear
edited September 10 in Games and Apps
i dont mean fitness games or something like beat saber, but a game like Lone Echo where you are regularly using both arms in various fashions, moving and turning around often, sometimes ducking and overall using your whole body.  I sit so much as a computer at work during the day I really like the games where I move around a lot and use both my arms.  It feels very refreshing and is one of the main reasons I got the Rift, I can't sit and game for hours anymore after working hours a desk all day, it kills me. 

I love Fallout 4 VR but you are very stationary playing it most the time and your left arm just hangs there never needing to do anything.  I have Gorn which is a great workout but its very repetitive after about 20 mins. 

Anyone have any game recs for long-form type games where you really make use of what VR has to offer with full arm and body movement that are a regular part of the game? 

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,843 Volunteer Moderator
    Super Hot VR, it requires not only movement but precision of movement and muscle control. 
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • MadMax1998MadMax1998 Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    edited September 11
    The Tower. 5 bucks on the Oculus store and THE most physical game you will ever play in VR. It's short (think 30 minutes) but try to get through the run without dying! You'll break a sweat and work out your whole body. It's not a fitness/workout game, but you have to do everything you can think of -- lie down, squat, lean, duck, roll... it's fantastic!

If you're in the mood for some sportiness, give Racket NX a try! There's a demo available. Not only will you work out your arms but you will rotate constantly. I find this game gives me a good balance after a stationary desk-hogging day, however it can lead to wrist strain if you play it too hard.

And then of course there are Robo Recall and Sprint Vector. Both of these will get you working out, with RR letting you vent your frustrations on funny robots that you can punch and tear apart.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,100
    Wintermute
    In Death. 

Excellent archery game. 
  • DreadlordnafDreadlordnaf Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Thanks ill research all these.
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,249 Poster of the Week
    Marvel will get you moving alot also.
    WAAAGH!
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 157
    Art3mis
    I totally recommend Dead Effect 2 VR, it's a zombie game with a full campaign along with side missions and multiplayer modes, including coop story and battles. It's undeniably among the fullest VR games, and you also have to interact a lot with the environment : opening doors, pressing buttons, using levers... You can also crouch to get cover and take items that are on the floor.
    And it can become really physical if you use close-range weapons (you can chop off zombie heads with a katana, or kill them with axes, ...).

It's a really cool game, the only flaw is the graphics : they aren't bad, there's just very few different environments (so it's just a bit repetitive) and it's sometimes... really weird xD.
    RIP My previous VR face :

My current config : HP Omen laptop, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5-7300 HD @2.5GHz + Nvidia GTX 1050 (2GB VRAM).
    Owner of an Oculus DK2 and an Oculus CV1.
    Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.
    - Art Software (Tilt Brush, Oculus Medium, Mocu Mocu Dance).
    - Cinema VR (Oculus Desktop in Google Earth or Skyrim, or Virtual Desktop).
  • MadMax1998MadMax1998 Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    Echoing the above, Arktika.1 also has a surprising amount of duck and cover moves that you need to do while shooting baddies. Definitely one of the more immersive shooters and has a progression/story too (no wave-based point defence).
  • LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 297
    Nexus 6
    edited September 14
    Budget Cuts requires throwing, stabbing, ducking, crouching in corners, crawling on the floor etc. A lot of that. It's a fantastic room-scale game with great immersion and relatively long gameplay (for a VR-title).
  • JeremyC85JeremyC85 Posts: 138
    Art3mis
    Karnage Chronicals is an awesome VR game and also has a ton of mele (blocking with shield and swinging sword) 
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,100
    Wintermute
    BoxVR will also help you out.