cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malwarebytes flagging latest Oculus as malware

teambrittana
Honored Guest
ubo6n3brgm4j.jpg
I've never had any problems like this before, but today's scan with Malwarebytes is flagging Oculus as malware (Trojan.dropper.agent.tos). I uninstalled Oculus, rescanned, and was clean. I reinstalled Oculus, rescanned, and it was flagged again. Is anyone experiencing this issue? I'm uninstalling Oculus until further notice...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

StarElf
Honored Guest
Looks like it's fixed in the next version of Malwarebytes. From the Malwarebytes site - "Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  This issue has been resolved and will no longer be detected in future database versions.  If for any reason this is still detected after tomorrow, please let me know."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got the same issue, scanned 20 minutes ago. Also removed as a precaution.

teambrittana
Honored Guest
I opened a support ticket with Oculus, and the agent's "solution" was to assure me Oculus isn't malware and to simply add Oculus to the whitelist.

I don't understand why this is only happening NOW (I've been using Oculus for the last two years with no problems). Seems sketchy.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Cause scanners scans code with algorithms. If the outcome is similar to their threat library if will raise a flag.
 Doesnt mean that its actually malware or similar. Updates means the code have changed since last update.
If you trust the source youre safe. ( And you are in this case ).
Be good, die great !

StarElf
Honored Guest
Looks like it's fixed in the next version of Malwarebytes. From the Malwarebytes site - "Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  This issue has been resolved and will no longer be detected in future database versions.  If for any reason this is still detected after tomorrow, please let me know."

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for bringing this up.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

StarElf
Honored Guest
Looks like it's fixed in the next Malwarebytes. https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/236555-oculus-on-android-false-positive/

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for sharing!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV