New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

New Computer, new Oculus install, copy old downloaded games.

Sorry if this is already posted, but can't find it. 

Just got new PC. have all my games on a HDD, and want to copy them to a hdd on my new computer. I've set games install folder to M:Oculus, I've created a folder called Software, then copied the old games folders into that (software, manifests, downloads and staging folders).

Load up Oculus and it seems to think that some games installed, but they give me the OVR25027186 error, 

other games show not installed, but give the finish installation option. but then nothing happens.

I can see that there are lots of updates but when i press continue on an update I get the option to install, but then nothing happens. 

What is the way that i can move games to a newly installed oculus? 

or do i need to download 115GB of games again? 

Comments

• Brono99Brono99 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I also have this problem, feels bad man, still can't think of anything so I've asked here, but still no answers ;_;

• formitionformition Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Oh no. I'm getting this same issue.

I got a new RIFT and PC, copied my games and they show up and when I go to run them, they say "install", when I install they download, which is really fast so there is no way it could actually be downloading, then goes to install and then pops up with the error "Could not install [insert game name here] Please contact Oculus Support for help"
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 642
    Neo
    edited December 5
    formition said:
    Oh no. I'm getting this same issue.

Here's a link to the very well hidden guide for backing up and restoring.

https://support.oculus.com/190738628001661/

Hope it helps.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS