cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I enjoy a Movie laying down?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I used to have a Gear VR and for some unknown reason I found it weird watching a movie laying down. I'm currently thinking about purchasing an Oculus GO, but why do I find it uncomfortable when I'm watching a movie with my eyes facing the ceiling? I'm not sure the word uncomfortable is even correct because I am comfortable laid down. It's just weird and I can't put my finger on what it is LoL.

You would think with a headset on it could trick me into thinking I was sitting watching a movie, but it doesn't. I think I'm going to try and lay a chair on my bed and see if that helps. I just hope nobody walks in on me 😄
9 REPLIES 9

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Lol with my Go and watching Netflix in bed I use the void view and prop up 45 degrees. This seems to work and I find it quite comfortable. Watched a 2 hour 19 min movie and only needed 7 painkillers, the wife walking on my back and stretch torture to fix me back afterwards 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Techy111 - Does wearing the OculusGO become uncomfortable or do you forget you are wearing it? 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I seriously forget I’m wearing it, but it’s hard to munch popcorn though coz my big snout moves when I’m chewing  😄
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have a Go yet (hoping this Christmas), but I do use Big Screen and have found I can sit comfortably if I use pillows to prop me up some what. I wish I could fix the view so I could lay down a little further - but it definitely is not uncomfortable how I use it right now.

I love watching movies / TV in the Rift - it is the primary reason I purchased it.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
The problem I have is that I have a bed that folds up to make room for VR and my projector. The bed has no headboard because of this and the pillows tend to fall off the bed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way you can put the head of your bed up against a wall (mine is in the corner of my room).

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like using it laying flat with no extra pillows as I can bury myself in the blankets and use the controller without putting my arm out (its winter here), I do forget the Go is on my face sometimes and as I don't use the straps laying down I sometimes have to catch it 🙂

Op I do know what you mean though, sitting up I find the Cinema screen especially now Skybox allows you to move to the front seats is just more immersive instantly.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@SimonSays28 - No because my bed would touch my painted projector screen and get it dirty..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah that is a bummer - would you have space for a zero gravity lawnchair?

I have something like this and use it from time to time when I watch movies - it is easy to store away in the closet too.