New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Can't connect to server

MarkasVRGAMERMarkasVRGAMER Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited September 14 in Support
I have just got everything ready and I am met with this problem every time I try to run the setup program. All the excitement about getting a rift has just vanished ;(
I have checked all my other games ( 27), and they all connect fine and I have zero problems. I have checked my connection speed and all is good. I also have plenty of space on my HD.

Did some research and I found out it may be that my current anti-virus (BULLGUARD) is blocking oculus setup. I really do not want to uninstall it, surely there must be a fix that does not involved getting rid of my virus protection?

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,851 Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 14
    Bullguard is blocking access to Facebook servers. It is a common issue. Disable Bullguards firewall.

Or add the setup file to allowed applications etc within BullGuard.

If that doesn't help, prevent BullGuard from intercepting SSL encrypted traffic:

1. Open the dashboard of your BullGuard application.
    2. Click on Antivirus settings> Advance> Antivirus> Safe browsing.
    3. Uncheck all under "Show safe results on these websites" after unchecking "Safe browsing" option as shown below.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • MarkasVRGAMERMarkasVRGAMER Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Thanks for the help. I uninstalled bullguard and that solved the issue. Installing BG again, hopefully it will not mess things up again. Mind totally blown by vr, literally 🤔
    Spent too much time on it yesterday, which resulted in my brain complaining this morning 🤤.

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,851 Volunteer Moderator
    Thanks for the help. I uninstalled bullguard and that solved the issue. Installing BG again, hopefully it will not mess things up again. Mind totally blown by vr, literally 🤔
    Spent too much time on it yesterday, which resulted in my brain complaining this morning 🤤.

Thanks for following up, it is one hell of a trip. I highly recommend you get Lone Echo .. it's the killer app in VR.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • MarkasVRGAMERMarkasVRGAMER Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited September 17
    Completely removing BULLGUARD was the only option that worked. The rifts programs were added to my exceptions list and I tried turning off the BG firewall, but that did not help. Although rift and its programs work within BULLGUARD, bullguard prevents me from downloading any games within the rift room. When I try to download anything, it showed a certificate error.
    When BG is uninstalled, no errors occur ;)