New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

How come OculusGo has no ipd slider?

RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,570 Valuable Player
Do the lenses cater for all eyes on the OculusGO? I just saw that it doesn't have an ipd adjuster? Cheers!

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,851 Volunteer Moderator
    Because the lenses have a much higher sweet spot than the rift lenses the IPD is good enough for most humans. Removing the mechanism also allowed to keep the costs to an absolute minimum.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 932
    3Jane
    Mmmm, which IPD range is acceptable for the Go? I don't want to be uncomfortable like I was with the DK2...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• kojackkojack Posts: 4,443 Volunteer Moderator
    What surprises me is that it has no software IPD adjustment like the DK1/DK2. Without at least that, world scale may not be correct for anybody that doesn't have the same IPD as the Go.

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,570 Valuable Player
    edited September 16
    kojack said:
    What surprises me is that it has no software IPD adjustment like the DK1/DK2. Without at least that, world scale may not be correct for anybody that doesn't have the same IPD as the Go.

Why didn't they do that considering it's only got one screen?