New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Will we definitely hear about Santa Cruz or CV2 this month?

RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,570 Valuable Player
edited September 17 in General
What is Oculus Connect usually about? Will we definitely hear about Santa Cruz or CV2 this month? I've just taken that we will, but is there a chance we won't hear a thing about them? I'm wishing the days away because I'm either buying a CV2, Santa Cruz or a 4K television. That's if the two VR headsets are not going to be released any time soon..

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 1,430
    Project 2501
    edited September 16
    I suspect it will be mostly about SC and other software future developments planned and I will be dissappointed.
    I strongly hope that something is revealed about a CV2 with possible time frame for release, but I sure ain't holding my breath for that.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,570 Valuable Player
    Yes, I was just automatically thinking we would hear about Santa Cruz and CV2, but I think I need to come back down to earth..
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 772
    Trinity
    I think there is a very high chance of hearing absolutely jack about CV2. SC is certainly going o be talked about & most likely announced.
    I'm just hoping that they surprise us with something positive other than SC.
    If that isn't CV2 then maybe there is a wireless adapter for the rift or they have done something crazy with the software that drops the minimum spec even lower or SC can be tethered after all & it has Foveated rendering with eye tracking.
    Maybe some nice partnership with some major publishers.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,102
    Wintermute
    When is Connect?
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 5,851 Volunteer Moderator
    Digikid1 said:
    When is Connect?
    September 26th

There is a schedule, noticed there are very few sessions tagged Santa Cruz, I would imagine there will be a small update on SC and a full CV2 announcement/pre-orders.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 4,878 Power Poster
    nrosko said:
    I think there is a very high chance of hearing absolutely jack about CV2. SC is certainly going o be talked about & most likely announced.
    If that isn't CV2 then maybe there is a wireless adapter for the rift or they have done something crazy with the software that drops the minimum spec even lower or SC can be tethered after all & it has Foveated rendering with eye tracking.

I'm expecting Oculus to announce Positional ATW, which should give the same effect as ASW but without the artefacts as far as I understand it. Not sure if that's going to lower the specs again though.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,430
    Project 2501
    Digikid1 said:
    When is Connect?
    September 26th

There is a schedule, noticed there are very few sessions tagged Santa Cruz, I would imagine there will be a small update on SC and a full CV2 announcement/pre-orders.
    I so hope you are right, I keep thinking - well Nvidia put those new Virtual Link ports on the 2080 cards for a reason, so maybe.. just maybe...

I try not to get my hopes up much though.

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
    dburne said:
    Digikid1 said:
    When is Connect?
    September 26th

I so hope you are right, I keep thinking - well Nvidia put those new Virtual Link ports on the 2080 cards for a reason, so maybe.. just maybe...

I try not to get my hopes up much though.

Given that 95% of Rift users use Nvidia, I think Nvidia is very much in the Oculus camp.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 4,747 Volunteer Moderator
    Shiiiiiittttttt :( if they announce CV2 I'll be one of the last to order. After splashing out on the rtx ti i won't be getting the cv2 until it's half price lol
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
    Flyinside Flight Simulator is coming !!!!! (In Beta)
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 165
    Art3mis
    Hey there, you can see the schedule on their website:

https://www.oculusconnect.com/schedule

When using the "Santa Cruz" tag you can see that they will talk about it in 10 different topics, mostly the first day. The one I'm most interested in is "porting your app to Project Santa Cruz". As for the CV2 there is nothing about it for now, it seems.
    RIP My previous VR face :

My current config : HP Omen laptop, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5-7300 HD @2.5GHz + Nvidia GTX 1050 (2GB VRAM).
    Owner of an Oculus DK2 and an Oculus CV1.
    Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.
    - Art Software (Tilt Brush, Oculus Medium, Mocu Mocu Dance).
    - Cinema VR (Oculus Desktop in Google Earth or Skyrim, or Virtual Desktop).
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,425 Valuable Player
    Digikid1 said:
    When is Connect?
    September 26th

I would have thought it would be the other way around?
    edited September 17
    Digikid1 said:
    When is Connect?
    September 26th

I would have thought it would be the other way around?

They would not put an unreleased unannounced product in the schedule, most of the sessions that have the SC tag are generic and encompass other projects, there is 1 session for SC app porting.

CV2 will no doubt be compatible with all the Oculus Home Games from the start as it will be backwards compatible with constellation and touch. Well, it's a theory but would make the most sense, that way they would not have to send dev/demo kits out.

The CV1 is now $349 on Amazon (the non Marvel bundle) ... I think there will be another drop to $299 and then CV2 for $499/$599. CV1 will stay as an entry level VR product.

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,570 Valuable Player
    Whatever they announce, I just hope we don't have to wait months between shipments like we did with CV1. I just hope they make enough to go around everyone who wants one without delays..
  • NeokinNeokin Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    RedRizla said:
    Whatever they announce, I just hope we don't have to wait months between shipments like we did with CV1. I just hope they make enough to go around everyone who wants one without delays..
    The Rift was their first big launch of a consumer product. I don't think they had delays (at least not months) for the Touch and the Go. Hopefully, it will go very smooth for the "Cruise" and Rift 2 :)
  • nroskonrosko Posts: 772
    Trinity
    snowdog said:
    nrosko said:

I'm expecting Oculus to announce Positional ATW, which should give the same effect as ASW but without the artefacts as far as I understand it. Not sure if that's going to lower the specs again though.
    That sounds interesting. In a way it would make the specs lower in real terms as you wouldn't even notice 45fps where as now its a last resort. 
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 3,844 Valuable Player
    .... As for the CV2 there is nothing about it for now, it seems.

P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959