New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Watch Oculus Connect Keynotes and Esports sessions with Oculus Venues on the GO and Gear VR

2»

Comments

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,153 Valuable Player
    Zenbane said:

I suspect we'll have to re-post this often. Rift owners can actually watch this Live in VR in cooler ways than the Oculus Venues app, thanks to Rift Core 2.0 beta.

I'll go between both to compare the experiences. But Oculus Venues as an App isn't as cool as Rift Core. Something for those of you who only own a Rift to keep in mind before going in to protest mode.

Let's also try to avoid the hyperbole rhetoric like, "omg I can't watch this with the same Mobile App as GO owners, so this means Oculus doesn't care about the Rift of CV2." Talking about PCVR and the Rift is literally on schedule for OC5, folks. This aint a Steam forum, act accordingly! lol
    can you want actual VR content streamed this way, like the live bands and the world cup stuff?

if so it was woefully under advertised!.  i thought you could just watch the flat screen stuff in rift core.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,155 Valuable Player
    can you want actual VR content streamed this way, like the live bands and the world cup stuff?

if so it was woefully under advertised!.  i thought you could just watch the flat screen stuff in rift core.

It depends on who is broadcasting the stream. For example, you can watch Netflix on the Rift using Oculus Dash, or you can watch it on GO with an actual Netflix App. Do you really think one is "better" than the other? I prefer Oculus Dash after trying both first-hand.

But what you are doing is saying, "but can I do the same thing?" and if the answer is "no" then you're jumping the shark with, "this is the worst thing ever and oculus has abandoned us."

I have both and I'm glad that Oculus isn't treating the Rift exactly the same as GO. And you should be glad too! If Oculus starts porting over all the MobileVR apps to the Rift... then that is a stronger sign that Oculus is abandoning PCVR than anything else. We don't want Oculus turning the Rift in to another MobileVR platform.

Also remember than Oculus Venues relies very heavily on Facebook's Social Media platform; which Rift owners protested when Facebook bought Oculus. Separating these out between Go and the Rift is smart.

Lastly, what concert are you afraid of missing? lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane