New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Universal Menu won't return to the right place when you go back

FunKingFunKing Posts: 39
Brain Burst

Hi!

When I navigate through a list in the Oculus Universal Menu (on the Oculus Go or Gear VR), I expect to return to the last position I was when I press the "Back" controller button, but I return instead to the first item of the list.

For example, when I go to Navigate > Library > My Apps, I have a list with 7 pages worth of apps, each page with 9 apps. No matter on which page I am, if I click an app menu item (e.g., "View Details" or "Permissions") and then press "Back", I'm sent back to the 1st page of the list of apps. This makes browsing a list incredibly slow and tedious!

Another example: when searching for events (People > Events > All Events), I can see 3 events per screen, and I can scroll to see many more. Unfortunately, when I click an event for more details and then press "Back", I'm again sent to the beginning of the list.

This current behavior is counter-intuitive, tiresome, and of course, provides a terrible user experience.

My suggestion is a no-brainer: allow us to go back to where we were in the UI when we press the "Back" button.

I even opened a ticket with Oculus support about this issue - only to see it closed right away and not answered...