New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

CONSTANT Forum Logon issues.....

Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,664 Valuable Player
edited December 2018 in Support
Had this for about an hour today.  Tried on ALL browsers and five devices.

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,646 Volunteer Moderator
    It's back up now.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    There was an issue with one of the hosted servers, but it appears to be back online now. 
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,664 Valuable Player
    It's back up now.
    Well apparently.....since I was able to post this thread....  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,330 Valuable Player
    I had it to but it's all good now..
    Please do something about your forum software!!!!!!!!!

For a number of hours I couldn't log into the forums.  On my iPhone it just did nothing and those little squares next to the sign in button just animated and nothing would happen.  Same thing with my computer AND the Oculus Software.  Also connected to the neighbors wifi and SAME THING WITH BOTH DEVICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Same with my phone on cellular instead of wifi so the fault is on Oculus and NOT my internet, wifi, or any of my devices.  I'm just able to log on now because I logged in through the WEBSTORE and danced around to the forums that way.

@WilliamVR look into this and fix it please!!!!
    This has been going on for sometime now, but in the last few weeks it's got to the point of been ridiculous. We need someone like cybereality to man the forums. When he left I just took it that he would be replaced, but obviously we are just going to be left scratching our heads when it comes to problems concerning Oculus themselves..
  • sford52sford52 Posts: 102
    Art3mis
    My experience has been it doesn't work with Firefox or Chrome, but it does IE/Edge.
    Sometimes I have to go to the main site, log in, then come here to the forum and ctrl/f5.
    Eventually I get in.
    ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home
    RedRizla said:
    This has been going on for sometime now, but in the last few weeks it's got to the point of been ridiculous. We need someone like cybereality to man the forums. When he left I just took it that he would be replaced, but obviously we are just going to be left scratching our heads when it comes to problems concerning Oculus themselves..
    Agreed. It is quite PAST ridiculous actually and is quite a joke. They need to smarten up and either TELL us if there’s issues and then FIX THEM. 
    edited December 2018
    When there were problems with the latest Oculus update, I don't think Oculus even acknowledged it and put it on their forums did they? Soon we won't be able to login to even report problems if these login problems continue..
    sford52 said:
    My experience has been it doesn't work with Firefox or Chrome, but it does IE/Edge.
    Sometimes I have to go to the main site, log in, then come here to the forum and ctrl/f5.
    Eventually I get in.

I use Chrome and used have to do some magic to login lol. This consisted of me trying to login in to the forums and been taken to a page asking if I want to login using Facebook or giving me another option to login. I choose the other option because I don't have Facebook, but it doesn't log me in. Then I try to login to the forums again after doing this and it decides to log me in after a while. Now it's just pot luck if I can login at all lol.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 4,890 Volunteer Moderator
    I had the mobile forum time out trying to log in. But desktop is working fine on firefox.
    (I generally avoid the mobile one, I dislike using this forum without my forum improving greasemonkey script)

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,582
    Project 2501
    I cleaned the cookies on my main rig, and subsequently I have had no luck getting back into the forums on Chrome and Firefox. Poor form Oculus :angry:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 540
    Neo
    I regularly get a 'login' screen, even if I've logged in successfully in the same session the PC has been in use.  It's a pain but normally, after a few clicks of the lower login button, it'll decide I'm not a stranger and let me back in.  As there doesn't seem to be a login cookie associated with this site it is odd how random it is.
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
    I use exclusively Firefox. It works just fine. But this is NOT a Firefox issue because my iPhone had the exact same issues. 
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 540
    Neo
    Digikid1 said:
    I use exclusively Firefox. It works just fine. But this is NOT a Firefox issue because my iPhone had the exact same issues. 
    I also use exclusively Firefox,but have had the same issue with (wash my mouth out!) Edge of being unable to login as a 'known user'  so there is something a little odd that rears its ugly head on occasion - I've never tried logging in on my phone :)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
    edited December 2018
    At the end of the day it needs fixing because people with different browsers will not know what the hell is going on. @Techy111 @kojack @LZoltowski any chance of making this a sticky? people need to be able to login to the Oculus forums for many reasons.

Hopefully Oculus themselves fix it soon..
  • WilliamVRWilliamVR Posts: 12 Oculus Staff
    Hey Folks! I hope everyone's New Year is going well. Login issues is one of the quality of life improvements we're looking to make on the forums. I wish I had a time-line to share, but just know we're working on it!
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,690 Valuable Player
    Holy crap, is the forum this bad because Cyber Reality left?  I thought my account got suspended or deleted until I read this thread and learned I could log on through the main site and navigate my way here.  I think it' has been a couple of weeks since I last logged in, that's a ridiculous amount of time for a corporation as large as facebook to let pass by before addressing the issue which, by the way, is still not fixed.  Cyber was a communication link between the users and Oculus, now that he's gone are we all screwed?  He had to dislodge things A LOT, so where's his replacement?
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,582
    Project 2501
    falken76 said:
      I thought my account got suspended or deleted until I read this thread and learned I could log on through the main site and navigate my way here.  
    Thanks - didn't know that. Worked fine for me :smile:
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 431
    Trinity
    Count me among the people who had log-in issues. It was always bad, but somehow it's gotten worse over time...

now that he's gone are we all screwed? 
    Doomsday has come! As the Maya prophets predicted thousands of years ago, now that a moderator of the forum has left it is the end of the VR world! We must repent for all our sins, before everything collapses!!!

... Seriously though, enough with the melodramatic bullcrap. The log-in issues are shit, but they are in no way an absolute disaster.
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.

My hopes for VR next gen:

- Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.

"If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
    edited January 9
    Count me among the people who had log-in issues. It was always bad, but somehow it's gotten worse over time...

now that he's gone are we all screwed? 
    Doomsday has come! As the Maya prophets predicted thousands of years ago, now that a moderator of the forum has left it is the end of the VR world! We must repent for all our sins, before everything collapses!!!

... Seriously though, enough with the melodramatic bullcrap. The log-in issues are shit, but they are in no way an absolute disaster.

Cybereality - Was Oculus Staff. People new to Oculus need to be able to login to the forums to get the support they need. How else are they going to determine if there's a problem with their headset or not? The Support section of the forum helps them to determine this before submitting a support ticket to Oculus.

I've never in all my time on the internet had a problem with login in to another forum for as long as I have this one. It's been like this for months and has been spoken about for months..
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 768
    3Jane
    edited January 9
    OMG!!!!!!!!! I'm back!!!!!

Same issues here guys in the UK!!! 

What should we do about this? It's taken me 2 days to log back into the forums!!! I couldn't login using Chrome, IE, and I tried on mobile, Ipad and two different PC;s.

How about everyone message Facebook on twitter?

I know it's not the end of the world but we shouldn't have these kind of issues in 2019. They defo need to update their software or re-do the entire forums from scratch.
    It's very odd, I have never had any issues, (on a PC) .. I do get the odd log-out once in a while, but never have issues getting back in. 
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• KNP54KNP54 Posts: 237
    Nexus 6
    Geez, I took me forever to get back in today. When I clicked sign in, all I had was the 3 dots animation and I tried with Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. The only way I could get back in was to log in through the main oculus page and then click the forums link, and click the sign in button.
    KNP54 said:
    Geez, I took me forever to get back in today. When I clicked sign in, all I had was the 3 dots animation and I tried with Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. The only way I could get back in was to log in through the main oculus page and then click the forums link, and click the sign in button.
    Yeah, The procedure for me is log in to Oculus first, then go back to the forum and click the sign-in button again, it detects the session and logs me back in.

• KNP54KNP54 Posts: 237
    Nexus 6
    Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm not using my facebook account to log in but rather a "normal" account which was registered when I bought the DK2? (before Oculus was bought by facebook)
    KNP54 said:
    Maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm not using my facebook account to log in but rather a "normal" account which was registered when I bought the DK2? (before Oculus was bought by facebook)
    I don't log in with Facebook (don't have one) just the OG account.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,492
    Project 2501
    KNP54 said:
    Yeah, The procedure for me is log in to Oculus first, then go back to the forum and click the sign-in button again, it detects the session and logs me back in.
    Same here, works like a charm - usually. I don't have a Facebook account. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 768
    3Jane
    Yeah I don't login with Facebook account either, I just login with my Oculus account.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 4,890 Volunteer Moderator
    KNP54 said:
    I use my account from the DK1 days, never had a facebook account, and I have no problems logging in on PC (firefox or chrome).
    I can't log in with chrome on my mobile, it just times out. But I have no desire to post from my phone, so I don't mind logged out mode.