New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Connect 5 MEGATHREAD Oculus Quest announced! Join the conversation!

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,526 Valuable Player
    Well for whatever reason my tracking ( two sensors ) in my Rift has always been excellent.
    IF and when they come out with a next gen Rift, I would hope the tracking is at least just as good.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,754 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    Here is the tracking volume for Santa Cruz

This does make me think they are not going to use managentic tracking though and just use sight only. This brings me to the question of what is that dongle like thing on the side of the headsets from the patent images 

• TJStudioYTTJStudioYT Posts: 12
    Brain Burst
    Does anyone have a link to watch the keynote live? Even tho I don't have Oculus rift yet, I still wanna watch it. (On browser of course)
    TJ Studio ‖ Novice SFM Animator ‖ Newbie voice actor ‖ Sometimes a bad comedian ‖ ♂️ ‖ Professional procrastinator ‖ Icon by: AxZ-Bullseye

BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/QJKia7XkCDKk/
    DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/tjstudioyt
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Mradr said:

This does make me think though they're going to use managentic tracking though and just use sight only. This thing brings me to the question of what is that dongle like thing on the side of the headsets from the patent images 

Just an angled charging cable, bit like the old macbook magsafe connectors

USB 20 A To Reversible Double Sided RIGHT ANGLE MICRO B Cable 1m

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    edited September 2018
    Mradr said:

This does make me think though they're going to use managentic tracking though and just use sight only. This thing brings me to the question of what is that dongle like thing on the side of the headsets from the patent images 
    Just an angled charging cable, bit like the old macbook magsafe connectors
    I thought that too - so I guess we will have to wait and find out :D
    Does anyone have a link to watch the keynote live? Even tho I don't have Oculus rift yet, I still wanna watch it. (On browser of course)
    On their Facebook Page, just search for Oculus
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

edited September 2018
    https://www.shacknews.com/article/107528/where-to-watch-oculus-connect-5-keynote-live-and-vr-streams
     https://www.youtube.com/user/oculusvr
    https://www.facebook.com/Oculusvr/videos/272240096742532
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,978 Valuable Player

Image result for santa cruz tracking volume

This is good because nobody in VR Chat will see that i'm scratching my bum.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,417 Volunteer Moderator

Although if they work like the rift, the controllers will keep tracking for about a second using the IMUs after leaving sight. So time it right to be sure. :)

• TJStudioYTTJStudioYT Posts: 12
    Brain Burst
    Mradr said:
    https://www.shacknews.com/article/107528/where-to-watch-oculus-connect-5-keynote-live-and-vr-streams
     https://www.youtube.com/user/oculusvr
    https://www.facebook.com/Oculusvr/videos/272240096742532

Thanks. Can't wait to get my hands on oculus rift later... as long as I get my replacement retainers later this year.
    TJ Studio ‖ Novice SFM Animator ‖ Newbie voice actor ‖ Sometimes a bad comedian ‖ ♂️ ‖ Professional procrastinator ‖ Icon by: AxZ-Bullseye

BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/QJKia7XkCDKk/
    DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/tjstudioyt
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator

But we would probably hear it lol
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111 said:

But we would probably hear it lol
    Thank god there is no smell-o-vision in VR yet :|

I bet it's on Andy's list lmao
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Mradr said:

Yeah, i was gonna say, as soon as the Pimax backers get their headsets in Feb 2018, they'll have it won't they?
    50 mins to go people!

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,713 Volunteer Moderator
    the Rugby clock in my study keeps advancing by 4 hours, it's already 01:10 tomorrow morning, I can't tell you how amazing those OC5 announcements were
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1909 (18363.836)
    Got kid watch, keep us updated here if any exciting stuff happens :)

• elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    First report.
    Oculus are ditching all pc based vr and focusing on an app specifically for iPhone that uses google cardboard.
    All existing services will cease to function as of tomorrow including access to your game library and the oculus sdk
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
    elboffor said:
    First report.
    Oculus are ditching all pc based vr and focusing on an app specifically for iPhone that uses google cardboard.
    All existing services will cease to function as of tomorrow including access to your game library and the oculus sdk
    ricky gervais laughing GIF

GOING LIVE!

HERE WE GO!!!

edited September 2018

how do you turn off those damn annoying emoji notifications

Edit: found it... quiet mode

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1909 (18363.836)
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,417 Volunteer Moderator
    Steam VR just randomly popped up and refuses to close. I'm not running anything VR. I think it knows what I'm watching.

New Rift won't be announced today... little joke from Mark there
    Holy shitballs $399 ?!!!!!!!

Holy shitballs $399 ?!!!!!!!

Incredibly cheap.  

But why?
    edited September 2018

Santa Cruise will be the Oculus Quest $399 available spring

Ships with Touch type controllers and 50 games