New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus referral program

JeremyC85JeremyC85 Posts: 275
Nexus 6
My friend is buying a Rift after playing with mine and upgrading his GPU. I noticed on the main website there is a referral program now. I sent him the referral email and he gets a code to use, but every time he tries to use it, it says "invalid code"?  Anyone know what's going on here? Any help cyber?

Comments

• JeremyC85JeremyC85 Posts: 275
    Nexus 6
    NEVERMIND! We figured it out.. doesn't work on the Marvel bundle for whatever reason. We just bought the Original Rift
  • GarryRussellGarryRussell Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Why is the Referral Program only available in US, Japan, and Europe?  How can Canada be added to this program?
    I tried my neighbor's Rift and asked him to refer me so I can buy a Rift S and he can get the credits for additional purchases, but it looks like Canada is not included.  :'(  Who do I need to speak with to make this happen?   :) 
    Nexus 6
    Yea no idea lol. It was pretty convoluted and hard to use imo, but it worked! Referred my friend and got the credit (too bad this wasn't around before, I've referred 3 ppl now!) 
  • RHunterrRHunterr Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    JeremyC85 said:
    Yea no idea lol. It was pretty convoluted and hard to use imo, but it worked! Referred my friend and got the credit (too bad this wasn't around before, I've referred 3 ppl now!) 
    I see a referral program for the Go, is there one for the Quest? If so I can't find it....
  • Darchangel3Darchangel3 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Any way to bump this thread up?  I have two friends that are seriously considering a Quest for either Black Friday or Christmas.  I'd love to get in on the referral program if there is one, but I can't find it!
    Nexus 6
    I'm fairly certain that it was a one time thing... 
  • parsecnparsecn Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'd be making cash if there was a non-referral program :) after Oculus abandoned CV1 users by not making their proprietary cable available (and for ostensibly abandoning CV2, zero roadmap, etc. ). 

I re-connected with a group of friends at the trailer launch of Alyx Half Life this week. Back in the day, this group of 7 or 8 would LAN Half Life over an entire weekend in a basement sort of thing. A friend put us all in touch again (via facebook group chat) with the potential that we could all meet up in VR, with Alyx. 

Was surprised to learn only one other person (aside from me) had a VR headset (we both have CV1) and the rest of group was considering Rift-S due to the low cost over black Friday. 

I strongly recommended against the purchase (of Rift-S) as there is a very real potential that Facebook will abandon them (with no cable or otherwise) in pursuit of Quest 2 or whatever, referring the group to the uservoice 
    https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/918556-oculus-rift-s-and-rift/suggestions/38506144

I got comments like, "Jesus" and "Thanks for heads-up. Dodged a bullet" "Voted" etc. 

And no they're not going Quest because it's just not good enough.

Clearly, it makes sense for each of my friends to go Valve Index to fully appreciate the Knuckles controllers in game-play, the overall higher fidelity and best-in-class tracking but (I'm guessing) like most new to VR - on the outside looking in -  they were excited at a $349 buy-in and another $50 for Alyx sort of thing.

Not going to happen x6.

And I swear to God, if a CV1 cable was sold tomorrow to persons outside of warranty (even at USD$100) - which would mean Facebook would need manufacture or contract an outside manufacturer to produce the cable to support legacy customers, I'd have zero hesitation in recommending Rift-S as acceptable value for money. To do so sends a message that they support all customers, full stop.

As it stands, Oculus is like a bad break-up and I will not let my friends date "the crazy person." 
    Nexus 6
    I know this doesn't help you... But oculus just started selling replacement cables for the rift-s. Lol