[Project Cars 2] Game crashes after practice/qualifying race, only when using the Rift. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

[Project Cars 2] Game crashes after practice/qualifying race, only when using the Rift.

MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
I've posted this in as many PC2 forums as I can find but they seem so dead that I'm not likely to get much help.

When I host the session it seems like I can avoid crashing, but that's not a realistic option since getting host is down to luck. 
Regardless of track, cars, AI or players, as long as I'm playing online and in VR I crash after the qualifying race ends. The timer ticks down, the announcer says "you did good we can make up that time in the actual race" or whatever, then my game just freezes for a few seconds before closing without errors. 

I'm not sure what I can do. I've Googled it and the only thing I can find is people recommending adding the PC2 folders to the Windows Defender Exlusions, which I've done with no effect.

Comments

• MradrMradr Posts: 3,348 Valuable Player
    Have you tried reinstalling?
  • MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    Mradr said:
    Have you tried reinstalling?
    I have, I've tried validating also, and installing onto an SSD. None of this seems to work unfortunately. 
    Not sure - sorry - it does look like the game just updated about a week ago - so possible issue with their update. I recommend (and I saw you did) see if anyone else has issues in VR right now after the patch. I also report it a possible bug. IF there are any logs - maybe see about pulling them as well so to see where the crash is actually happening in.
    Mradr said:
    Not sure - sorry - it does look like the game just updated about a week ago - so possible issue with their update. I recommend (and I saw you did) see if anyone else has issues in VR right now after the patch. I also report it a possible bug. IF there are any logs - maybe see about pulling them as well so to see where the crash is actually happening in.
    Other than rand Online matches, the only friend I have with a HMD has a Vive, and he has no problems with the game, which is why I came here.

Hopefully if this is a bug because of the game, enough Oculus users are still playing that it'll be known sooner rather than later. I've only just gotten into racing in VR and it would suck for this problem to go unresolved, whether it's on my end, Oculus' or the games. 
    MrKaru said:
    Mradr said:
    Other than rand Online matches, the only friend I have with a HMD has a Vive, and he has no problems with the game, which is why I came here.

Hopefully if this is a bug because of the game, enough Oculus users are still playing that it'll be known sooner rather than later. I've only just gotten into racing in VR and it would suck for this problem to go unresolved, whether it's on my end, Oculus' or the games. 
    One side of me says it's your setup otherwise more people would be posting they are having problems ~ but possible they just haven't updated either.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,121 Volunteer Moderator
    Are you running from steam or Oculus home ?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111 said:
    Are you running from steam or Oculus home ?
    Running it via Steam. I didn't even know there was an Oculus version of this game. 

Mradr said:
    One side of me says it's your setup otherwise more people would be posting they are having problems ~ but possible they just haven't updated either.
    I think it might be too, since it would be a lot more widespread if it wasn't, but I haven't got a clue how to check, and what things I can possibly change. 
    edited September 2018
    Steam vr upto date ? You running steam vr beta ? And yes only pcars 1 I think is on OH
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111 said:
    Steam vr upto date ? You running steam vr beta ?
    As far as I know it's up to date. I definitely haven't opted into any betas also. 
    In the properties of steam vr in the list look for the beta tab, opt in and see if that helps, you can always opt out later if no joy.

• 4747 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue, it crashes 1/3rd of the times after qualifying, while displaying the results table. I am using the Rift, did you find a solution?
  • joocyjjoocyj Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same issue here. Seemed to be a recent Oculus update that did it, but not sure. getting pretty tired of it. same symptoms, random crashes after online qualifying.
  • xxnoremacxxxxnoremacxx Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Have just experienced this also it's the new Oculus update, can't play online at all