New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Vox Machinae - Anyone Getting this?

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,207 Power Poster
edited September 2018 in Oculus Rift + Touch

Take command and pilot a giant fighting machine in an escalating war between powerful corporations. Select your GDR ("Grinder") chassis and customize it with a powerful arsenal of lasers, missiles, cannons and more as you’re pitted against rival Grinder squads. Engage in seamless multiplayer action with no loot-box or micro-transaction nonsense. Vox Machinae respects your time, and your wallet.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/957951994279023/

KEY FEATURES

● A weighty tactical simulator blended with responsive physics-based action.
 ● Fight together with your friends with crossplay support across PC, and desktop mode too.
● Experience 16 player mayhem with unique game modes such as salvage and stockpile.
● Be the pilot and immerse yourself with full avatar presence and motion control operations.
● Pick from 5 customizable grinders and deck them out with an array of devastating weaponry.
 ● Coordinate the battle plan with your team using unique visual VOIP comms.
● Hone your skills with full bot support across all gameplay modes.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,509 Poster of the Week
    edited September 2018
    The focus towards sim makes it less interesting to me. I find the Hellfire arcadish gameplay more appealing.
    I know it's part of the gritty tank/truck driver theme, but it still strikes me as silly that in this future fiction universe, that they would implement such primitive, crude and cumbersome controls for the mechs.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,207 Power Poster
    So that's a no then?

:p 

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,483 Valuable Player
    Probably not. I loved the demo and was super interested then the Devs changed their mind on making a 1 player story driven game and made it arena death match.
    I am putting all my eggs in the new mechwarriror game now
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,379 Poster of the Week
    I still play MWO from time to time so prob going to stick with that one.
    WAAAGH!
  • BeastyBaiterBeastyBaiter Posts: 758 Poster of the Week
    I'm interested, going to give it a few days for some reviews to come out, will see then.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,127 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    I'm also interested, but just purchased Creed Rise to Glory, so it will have to wait a couple of weeks. I like that it will be more sim based rather then just an arcade shooter. Sims are right up my street and are the types of games I like to play. There's more tactics required in sims and I think it is a good fit for this type of game..
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,415 Power Poster
    I really want to! But I just bought Creed, and I still need to get Moss. I want to get back in the Marvel game, and I have to finish Megaton Rainfall. fml
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,399 Poster of the Week
    This will absolutely be the next game I buy (and probably within the next couple weeks, if I can avoid wasting my spending money on other things)

I was a huge Mechwarrior fan when I was a kid, so... an obviously mechwarrior-inspired VR game sounds right up my alley  (even though I'll probably just do matches vs. bots, for the most part)

then the Devs changed their mind on making a 1 player story driven game and made it arena death match.
    I hadn't heard about this;  Maybe they just wanted to get the game out ASAP, while they continue working on the campaign mode to release later on?
    The next nerd to cry about "the resolution" of top-of-the-line VR devices will be permanently banned from using ALL standard-definition media.  And yes, that includes all pre-Switch Nintendo games. Especially Melee.
  • geebee666geebee666 Posts: 197
    Art3mis
    If you like Mech Warrior it is a must buy.
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 2,172
    Project 2501
    I would love to have it - if it weren't multiplayer only. I don't mind a couple of games that are or have MP (Elite, ArmA, IL-2) but these days I prefer to play with people or groups I 'know' and trust.
    I understand there is an AI controlled mech training scenario, but that will probably not be enough. Same reason I didn't bother with MWO - even though I have every other SP Mech game since MW2 3Dfx (which I'm still proud to have sat on my shelf here).

edited October 2018
    @Brixmis - I don't know if you do play in groups in this game do you? Isn't there an option just to play it like a PvP death match? That's what I'll be doing if it is everyone for themselves..
  • DevilstowerDevilstower Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    The game isn't strictly multiplayer only, as you can sign in for matches offline with all AI opponents. The game looks and plays fantastic -- the first game where I've flipped on all the options and felt like my new graphics card was really pitching in. Considering how badly I'm getting my butt kicked by bots, I'm clearly not ready to go up against other players.
    Can you play online with Steam players if you purchase from Oculus Home?
  • DevilstowerDevilstower Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    That ... I can't tell you. But I'll try to find out.
    That ... I can't tell you. But I'll try to find out.

Yes, please find out. I think it should just be a given that Oculus works online with Steam players now. Need more support for VR online play. Cross-platform is the way to go now, it seems silly doing it any other way now when VR needs numbers for multiplayer..
  • Talon1Talon1 Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    I was playing last night with someone who was playing with a vive.  I think it's a shared play space.

Additionally, this game feels a lot like MechWarrior 2 from the mid 90's.  Slow lumbering mechs, heat management, similar weapons.  The game has a lot of promise.  It's legitimately fun but it also has a lot of areas I wish were... more.

For example, the map in the mech (The only one there is) only shows a small part of the whole map.  I wish I could make it bigger so I could see where everything/everyone is.  I wish the map labeled the mech pilot names so I knew who was where. I wish there was a way to touch the map and have that point blip on everyon's map (like how in World of Tanks you can ATTENTION! a part of the map).

I wish each mech class had a special ability like how the original Xbox MechAssault had different abilities.  Small mechs could cloak or use jump jets.  Big mechs has radar jamming or some sort of shield boost, etc. All on a big cooldown of course.

I wish small mechs were faster and heavy mechs had no jump jets.

I wish there were more maps. Right now they have craggy mountain maps.  I want some cities.

Basically I wish they played MechAssault a bunch in the early 2000's and copied that.  But seeing as that isn't happening I'm supporting these guys with my 30 dollars and hoping for the best!  What they have already is pretty cool. I just want it to get baked a bit more.

OH, since I'm wishing for things.  I wish I could raise my arm rests in my mech cockpit so they line up with my real life chair.  Right now my arms are floating about 6 inches off my VR armrest and it messes up my ability to control the mech and also ejecting is hard as the handles are too low to reach.