New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Lone Echo 2 trailers - including 360 degrees

RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 634
Neo
edited September 27 in General
The trailers look awesome. I consider the announcement of Lone Echo 2 the greatest news so far on Oculus Connect 5, even more important than the Oculus Quest in my opinion. - Just like a person needs food and water, VR can't survive without continuously getting awesome content. I can't think of better content than Lone Echo 2  <3  

These trailers may have been shown elsewhere in here - but I think the game's worth having its own thread. 
Intel i7 7700K (4.2-4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS (Home/OEM); Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling at 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR" ;-)

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,251 Volunteer Moderator
    Ohh I did not see the other one, I CANNOT WAIT!! LIV IS BACK!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • sford52sford52 Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    Loved both trailers. Cant wait for this next chapter, second in a long line (right, right??!!)
    Hopefully, we can find Liv some decent coffee.
    ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift
    Has anyone noticed the extra details on Liv's face? Like where her forehead crinkles or the subtle facial movements, and finally hair! ... those little details really help form a bond with her in the game.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 634
    Neo
    edited September 27

Hands off she's mine!  :D Kinda feels like I haven't seen my wife for nearly a year and then suddenly she's back :blush:

Check the trailer - Liv's voice - how much affection she has for Jack. I'm sure the devs know exactly that male VR users bond quite a lot with Liv - I love it  :D  

As one of my friends said after trying Lone Echo: "It's a great game if you don't have a girlfriend"  :D
    Intel i7 7700K (4.2-4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS (Home/OEM); Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling at 2.0. 

RuneSR2 said:

Hands off she's mine!  :D Kinda feels like I haven't seen my wife for nearly a year and then suddenly she's back :blush:

Check the trailer - Liv's voice - how much affection she has for Jack. I'm sure the devs know exactly that male VR users bond quite a lot with Liv - I love it  :D  

As one of my friends said after trying Lone Echo: "It's a great game if you don't have a girlfriend"  :D

The bond I had with Liv was on a different level though (I'm not into women :) ), like a best friend or someone you go for an adventure with. Interesting point of view tho.

Hiro Protagonist
    I think they've done a fantastic job with the dialog in general (Liv can get a "salty" - I like that added realism), and the voice casting is spot on perfect.
    I don't remember, did Jack ever swear? 
    I KNOW the user operating Jack did. A Lot.
    ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift
    edited September 27
    sford52 said:
    I think they've done a fantastic job with the dialog in general (Liv can get a "salty" - I like that added realism), and the voice casting is spot on perfect.

Haha I don't think so, fun fact, Liv's face is a 3d photoscan of the voice actress, that is why it has that extra level of realism as the voice matches the face.

Here is the voice actress:
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0183553/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Image result for alice coulthard

Jacks voice is Troy Baker, a veteran in voice for games:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7182456/

Neo
    edited September 27
    Here's a great article about Lone Echo history and their "RAD engine" in case some haven't read it, awesome that Ready At Dawn (RAD ;-) made their own engine instead of using UE4 or Unity:

https://www.roadtovr.com/lone-echo-echo-arena-interview-ready-at-dawn-ru-weerasuriya-behind-the-scenes/

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    Will there be shooting in this game? That's the one thing missing from the original. 

After playing Echo Combat, it's obvious what an amazing shooter is possible in Lone Echo. Just give some hallways full of enemies. 
    Neo
    edited September 27
    MowTin said:
    Will there be shooting in this game? That's the one thing missing from the original. 

After playing Echo Combat, it's obvious what an amazing shooter is possible in Lone Echo. Just give some hallways full of enemies. 

I don't think there's more info at the moment - but you can sign up for more info here:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/2069106006465690/

- and Lone Echo 2 is also on the homepage here:

https://www.oculus.com/lone-echo/

But quite interesting - if these specs are true, hardware demands will be similar for Lone Echo 2 compared to the original:

Lone Echo 2:
    Intel i7-6000 equivalent or greater
    NVIDIA GTX 980 equivalent or greater
    Ram: 16 GB 

Nah, I don't want another shooter, more difficult puzzles and more great story, enough of shooters out there.

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,068
    Wintermute
    Nah, I don't want another shooter, more difficult puzzles and more great story, enough of shooters out there.
    Not in VR. There aren't very many Hallf-Life 2 type game with shooting and a story campaign. We have Arizona Sunshine.

We do have enough puzzle games. Let me explain. Puzzle games are much easier and cheaper to make. The same is true of wave shooters or multiplayer only games. So, in VR we have tons of puzzle games, wave shooters and multiplayer only games. 

Lone Echo was great but in terms of finally a game with a near AAA story campaign but it was never combined with a good combat game. We got Robo Recall, which had excellent shooting but no campaign or story. We have Marvel United which is good combat mechanics and no campaign. We want to see good combat mechanics combined with a campaign story in VR. 
    Neo
    MowTin said:
    Not in VR. There aren't very many Hallf-Life 2 type game with shooting and a story campaign. We have Arizona Sunshine.

We do have enough puzzle games. Let me explain. Puzzle games are much easier and cheaper to make. The same is true of wave shooters or multiplayer only games. So, in VR we have tons of puzzle games, wave shooters and multiplayer only games. 

Lone Echo was great but in terms of finally a game with a near AAA story campaign but it was never combined with a good combat game. We got Robo Recall, which had excellent shooting but no campaign or story. We have Marvel United which is good combat mechanics and no campaign. We want to see good combat mechanics combined with a campaign story in VR. 

Of course I could be wrong, but Lone Echo was never a shooter, and I'd be greatly surprised if the devs are going to change that. Lone Echo is about story, discoveries - a journey into the unknown. Also the trailers indirectly may say a lot - - there's no action in the trailers, just story elements. Lone Echo did contain action elements, but I do hope there're fewer exploding plant-like giant balls/bubbles in the sequel ;-)

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 326
    Trinity
    But nowhere does it say when we might expect to get Lone Echo 2 - that is a game I could quite happily moan about wanting now! (stamps feet and throws toys out of pram)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 850 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
    Neo
    edited September 28
    RattyUK said:
    But nowhere does it say when we might expect to get Lone Echo 2 - that is a game I could quite happily moan about wanting now! (stamps feet and throws toys out of pram)

It says on the Oculus Store Lone Echo 2 Teaser website that the game is coming soon, I bet it's out before Christmas - this year ;-)
    BTW, I know the game is said to be out in 2019, but that's not soon in my opinion. 

Hiro Protagonist
    RuneSR2 said:
    RattyUK said:

It says on the Oculus Store Lone Echo 2 Teaser website that the game is coming soon, I bet it's out before Christmas - this year ;-)
    BTW, I know the game is said to be out in 2019, but that's not soon in my opinion. 
    I was going to say that whatever day LE2 comes out WILL become Christmas, but then I realized that what I will do on that day is D/L, install, start up and play til I drop. Probably not the most family friendly Christmas

sford52 said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    RattyUK said:

I was going to say that whatever day LE2 comes out WILL become Christmas, but then I realized that what I will do on that day is D/L, install, start up and play til I drop. Probably not the most family friendly Christmas

I feel you man, I feel you. I am even considering a marathon of playing echo again and then echo 2 in a continuous loop.

Neo
    RuneSR2 said:
    RattyUK said:

Sigh, of course it's only Lone Echo 2 Trailer Experience which is "coming soon". Guess we'll have to wait until 2019 for the game. 

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,122 Power Poster
    edited October 12
    sford52 said:
    Wasn't there a part when you're on the bridge before the anomaly appears, where you can repeatedly swear?

Edit: Yup, here it is.

i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery