cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo 2 trailers - including 360 degrees - released for the Rift TODAY (October 25)

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
The trailers look awesome. I consider the announcement of Lone Echo 2 the greatest news so far on Oculus Connect 5, even more important than the Oculus Quest in my opinion. - Just like a person needs food and water, VR can't survive without continuously getting awesome content. I can't think of better content than Lone Echo 2  ❤️  

https://youtu.be/EzXrtL1c-xU?list=PLL2xVXGs1SP5EQhcQQkWV_jmvvS-mWlVt

https://youtu.be/Z3xJB8QcSAo?list=PLL2xVXGs1SP5EQhcQQkWV_jmvvS-mWlVt

These trailers may have been shown elsewhere in here - but I think the game's worth having its own thread. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

24 REPLIES 24

LZoltowski
Champion
Ohh I did not see the other one, I CANNOT WAIT!! LIV IS BACK!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

sford52
Heroic Explorer
Loved both trailers. Cant wait for this next chapter, second in a long line (right, right??!!)
Hopefully, we can find Liv some decent coffee.
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

LZoltowski
Champion
Has anyone noticed the extra details on Liv's face? Like where her forehead crinkles or the subtle facial movements, and finally hair! ... those little details really help form a bond with her in the game.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Hands off she's mine!  😄 Kinda feels like I haven't seen my wife for nearly a year and then suddenly she's back :blush:

Check the trailer - Liv's voice - how much affection she has for Jack. I'm sure the devs know exactly that male VR users bond quite a lot with Liv - I love it  😄  

As one of my friends said after trying Lone Echo: "It's a great game if you don't have a girlfriend"  😄

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

LZoltowski
Champion

RuneSR2 said:

Hands off she's mine!  😄 Kinda feels like I haven't seen my wife for nearly a year and then suddenly she's back :blush:

Check the trailer - Liv's voice - how much affection she has for Jack. I'm sure the devs know exactly that male VR users bond quite a lot with Liv - I love it  😄  

As one of my friends said after trying Lone Echo: "It's a great game if you don't have a girlfriend"  😄

The bond I had with Liv was on a different level though (I'm not into women 🙂 ), like a best friend or someone you go for an adventure with. Interesting point of view tho.

Be kind to one another 🙂

sford52
Heroic Explorer
I think they've done a fantastic job with the dialog in general (Liv can get a "salty" - I like that added realism), and the voice casting is spot on perfect.
I don't remember, did Jack ever swear? 
I KNOW the user operating Jack did. A Lot.
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

LZoltowski
Champion

sford52 said:

I think they've done a fantastic job with the dialog in general (Liv can get a "salty" - I like that added realism), and the voice casting is spot on perfect.
I don't remember, did Jack ever swear? 
I KNOW the user operating Jack did. A Lot.

Haha I don't think so, fun fact, Liv's face is a 3d photoscan of the voice actress, that is why it has that extra level of realism as the voice matches the face.

Here is the voice actress:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0183553/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Image result for alice coulthard

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
Jacks voice is Troy Baker, a veteran in voice for games:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7182456/

Be kind to one another 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Here's a great article about Lone Echo history and their "RAD engine" in case some haven't read it, awesome that Ready At Dawn (RAD 😉 made their own engine instead of using UE4 or Unity:

https://www.roadtovr.com/lone-echo-echo-arena-interview-ready-at-dawn-ru-weerasuriya-behind-the-scen...