Oculus Dash - Multiple Chrome Windows don't work. Please help! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Dash - Multiple Chrome Windows don't work. Please help!

dave933dave933 Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hello, I bought oculus rift for productivity reasons, in the dash video presentation, it seems as if one could have as many virtual windows as one needed. Well maybe I'm doing it wrong, but when I press A+grip I can pull out chrome copies, but they are that, copies/duplicates that you cannot work on individually. Say I have 2 monitors connected, that means that I can only have 2 virtual chrome screens. I also tried using chrome and edge, thinking it was a limitation when handling applications, but the clones behave as screenshots instead of applications. 

Does this happen to you? Is there a work around? 

This is a deal breaker for me. I know that windows mixed reality can do that, I was hoping oculus could too. 
Tagged:

Comments

• dave933dave933 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm using an i5-4690k + rx480 8GB. Would this be a hardware limitation?
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited October 2018
    EDGE Browser also is not Pulling Out own tab windows. I could pull out/pin 10 windows in Beta.
    By "EXPERIMENT" they suggest they want us to still test this. What a joke of having a Beta!
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,092 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    EDGE Browser also is not Pulling Out own tab windows. I could pull out/pin 10 windows in Beta.
    By "EXPERIMENT" they suggest they want us to still test this. What a joke of having a Beta!
    So far today you've called the Oculus dev's useless and refer to the entire Beta as a joke. I think the real issue here is how you handle simple troubleshooting scenarios. Your approach to providing feedback on a public forum is a bit silly. And considering that you have hated on Oculus Home 2.0 the moment it went live, it is odd that you are suddenly upset that you can't sit inside of Home 2.0 and look at a web browser a specific way.

It's almost as if you intentionally set aside time over the last 24 hours to angrily use your Rift looking for things to complain about lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Wintermute
    Not even funny Troll
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,092 Valuable Player
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    Not even funny Troll
    It's not trolling to point out that you are intentionally spamming. Your post in this thread already exists here:

and here:

Perhaps you should take at least a 24 hour break. You seem worked up.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Wintermute
    I can now get Multiple Brower Windows opened and no blank screens with a large "!". Thanks so much for this heads up. Goodbye @Zenbane x