Gtx 1060 not detected anymore — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Gtx 1060 not detected anymore

Hey guys,

So as said in the title it looks like my Gtx 1060 is not detected anymore by the oculus rift since I've updated all my drivers. In the computer's devices settings the location of the rift is on the Intel HD graphic 630. I tried everything to change that to my Gtx 1060 but I can't. All the drivers are updated, I have selected the gtx 1060 in the nvidia panel, disable the Intel in the device's settings but nothing is working. My oculus use to work just fine before.

MSI laptop 
Processor : Intel i7-700
Ram : 16gb

Ive attached à photo of the issue  if anyone can help that would be highly appreciated guys  thanks  

Comments

• LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 462
    Trinity
    Hey there,
    I would suggest using Display Driver Uninstaller to completely uninstall the NVidia driver, and make a clean reinstall (preferably the previous version).
    Rule of thumb: if an update prevents you from using your stuff, go back to the previous version if you can!
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.

My hopes for VR next gen:

- Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.

"If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
  • HeliconHelicon Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Good idea, definitely worth a try ! I'll do that and see how it goes.