cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuttering when turning my head !!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, my system worked flawlessly up until like 2 3 months ago.. Since then i am experiencing random stuttering while rotating or turning my head, I check the devices window when this happens and there is no poor tracking quality warning..

Sometimes it goes away randomly and comes back randomly like somthing in the system triggers it and i cant find it..

I tried reinstalling oculus drivers and software, googled the problem, reinstalled usb drives updated and trtied other nvidia drivers with no luck with only option of resetting windows, if any of you have experiened something like this and managed to fix it, i would really appreciate if you share it here :smile:
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
By any chance, did you plug the Oculus Sensors' USB 3.0 into a USB 2.0 port? That happens sometimes ^^. It will cause random stuttering.

Anonymous
Not applicable

By any chance, did you plug the Oculus Sensors' USB 3.0 into a USB 2.0 port? That happens sometimes ^^. It will cause random stuttering.

wouldnt the setup show me that? i have 3 sensors and during setup i see 2 usb 3.0 and 1 usb 2.0 checked green..and when it happens stuttering is not random, it always stutters when i turn my head until it stops completely

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then, is your computer VR-Ready? Maybe it's a bottleneck issue. Try and run MSI Afterburner, it will show you the use of your CPUs and GPUs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then, is your computer VR-Ready? Maybe it's a bottleneck issue. Try and run MSI Afterburner, it will show you the use of your CPUs and GPUs.

i7 with a gtx 1080 here 

falken76
Expert Consultant

That shouldn't cause it, the third sensor you buy comes with an extension cable that is 2.0 so it will automatically downgrade the signal to 2.0 if you use that extension cable at all period despite putting it on a 3.0 or 2.0 port.  This is something that happened in an update, I'm noticing it more also.  It's especially happening in The Forest right now for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@falken76: I have only two sensors, one of them is 3.0 (and didn't come with any extension cable) and when I try using it with a 2.0 hub, it does cause stuttering (obviously ; the 2.0 port limits the bandwidth). But as Nacaryus said, the issue does appear on the desktop app when this is it.

That can definitely come from an update, but Nacaryus said they tried changing that. That said it's always worth a try to revert back to old versions.

@Nacaryus: I would still run MSI Afterburner during a VR session and see what it shows ^^.