Stuttering when turning my head !! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Stuttering when turning my head !!

NacaryusNacaryus Posts: 206
Nexus 6
Hi, my system worked flawlessly up until like 2 3 months ago.. Since then i am experiencing random stuttering while rotating or turning my head, I check the devices window when this happens and there is no poor tracking quality warning..

Sometimes it goes away randomly and comes back randomly like somthing in the system triggers it and i cant find it..

I tried reinstalling oculus drivers and software, googled the problem, reinstalled usb drives updated and trtied other nvidia drivers with no luck with only option of resetting windows, if any of you have experiened something like this and managed to fix it, i would really appreciate if you share it here :smile:
Tagged:

Comments

• LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 453
    Trinity
    By any chance, did you plug the Oculus Sensors' USB 3.0 into a USB 2.0 port? That happens sometimes ^^. It will cause random stuttering.
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.

My hopes for VR next gen:

- Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.

"If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
  • NacaryusNacaryus Posts: 206
    Nexus 6
    edited October 2018
    By any chance, did you plug the Oculus Sensors' USB 3.0 into a USB 2.0 port? That happens sometimes ^^. It will cause random stuttering.
    wouldnt the setup show me that? i have 3 sensors and during setup i see 2 usb 3.0 and 1 usb 2.0 checked green..and when it happens stuttering is not random, it always stutters when i turn my head until it stops completely
    Trinity
    Then, is your computer VR-Ready? Maybe it's a bottleneck issue. Try and run MSI Afterburner, it will show you the use of your CPUs and GPUs.
    Current VR results imo:

- Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.

• NacaryusNacaryus Posts: 206
    Nexus 6
    Then, is your computer VR-Ready? Maybe it's a bottleneck issue. Try and run MSI Afterburner, it will show you the use of your CPUs and GPUs.
    i7 with a gtx 1080 here 
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,744 Valuable Player

That shouldn't cause it, the third sensor you buy comes with an extension cable that is 2.0 so it will automatically downgrade the signal to 2.0 if you use that extension cable at all period despite putting it on a 3.0 or 2.0 port.  This is something that happened in an update, I'm noticing it more also.  It's especially happening in The Forest right now for me.
    Trinity
    edited October 2018
    @falken76: I have only two sensors, one of them is 3.0 (and didn't come with any extension cable) and when I try using it with a 2.0 hub, it does cause stuttering (obviously ; the 2.0 port limits the bandwidth). But as Nacaryus said, the issue does appear on the desktop app when this is it.

That can definitely come from an update, but Nacaryus said they tried changing that. That said it's always worth a try to revert back to old versions.

@Nacaryus: I would still run MSI Afterburner during a VR session and see what it shows ^^.
    Current VR results imo:

- Full Body Tracking.