New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

VR Cover Thailand, Watch out !

CryptoKittyCryptoKitty Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi Oculus community, 
let me share my experience with www.vrcover.com, the website I purchased VR protection set recently. 
Unfortunately, I have lost 77 EUR and I just want to be sure that there will be less customers like me. 
Long story short: This company is situated in Thailand (no matter how nice their web looks like) and thus there is no right to have it refund (for any reason). 
They use DHL as logistic partner and you will be charged another approx. 72 EUR for DHL services and customs fees (DHL services is approx. 80% of additional cost, 20% is VAT or customs fees).
At the end of the day you will pay twice more than you expected (VR cover cost + DHL fees + VAT and customs fees). 
I was trying to communicate with them and asked them for refund, they didn't care. 
Btw, if you share your negative experience on their facebook they will erase your comments and block you from commenting anything. 
I'm just sharing my experience hopefully to protect some other customers and their wallets. 

Comments

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,992 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    Never had any problems with them and I found their customer service very good. In-fact they just replaced a split cover that I had for nothing. Many other people also seem happy with their VR Covers. I've spoken to a few people who really like them..
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,171 Volunteer Moderator
    Only cost me $7us shipping for my VR Cover order to australia. I had no problems.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,077 Valuable Player
    I had the deluxe set shipped to me in Canada. No issues at all. He k when one of them separated on the first day I contacted them and a week later had a new one in my hands free of charge. 

• ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 293
    Nexus 6
    Never had a problem either. Fast shipping and and not double charged for anything :-s
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S
    Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    I ordered mine direct and got them within a week, no customs charges as they are not so costly, I got the mixed pack and prefer the grey fibre cloth as it is easy to clean and dries over night. This product is to be used and will pickup grease on your skin so you should not expect a refund. If you were intelligent enough to research the product and knew what you were buying was well proven to be that good then you'd have no reason to doubt it let alone try it and then expect a refund for a change of mind which you would not!

I think Thailand is great and you have obviously bought 2 items and your buyer for the 2nd has backed out and bought it direct! You created the extra customs price in doing this and so scared off your 2nd buyer! If you buy a bed or duvet then the same principles of no return for hygiene reasons applies (unless you clearly did not open it to use and are very strong to them).

All you did was make yourself daft. Actually DHL are the very worst Courier company on this planet and cost more too. They should be advised to use DPD or UPS.

https://vrcover.com/
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,219 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    The one I ordered directly from their site was sent from Thailand and also got a custom fee here in DK. But just like @RedRizla mine also split at the seam, and the free replacement I recieved within a week was sent from Europe (Germany I think).
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,364 Valuable Player
    I was determined not to respond to this as it was obviously a load of bolsheviks - but seeing as others have, I just want to say thank you - for giving me my biggest laugh this week.

• MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,688 Valuable Player
    I bought a pair from Amazon so I could swap em out and wash em.
    They have been solid for the pasy year and a half.
    WAAAGH!
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,901 Valuable Player
    Got it, so don't buy from VR Cover because they use DHL which charges brokerage fees and you're subject to customs fees from your country as well just like everyone else.  Is that about right?

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Just buy 1 at a time so no charges. If Likey then Keep. If want more to sell on buy 1 at a time and charge more than you got them for. If used then not expect they can be returned to sell to another buyer. You would not want someone else's returned item!