cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No shipments to Ukraine? (DK2)

AlexiGVS
Explorer
Hello to everybody.
I'm so happy OculusVR announced development kit 2 at GDC 2014.. Waited for this moment since april-may 2013.. But, when I followed to pre-order section with a purpose to buy one copy of DK2, I was a little bit disappointed.. Because I did not find my country (Ukraine) in the list of shipment. Is it a temporary condition? (due to situation).. And when can I pre-order DK2?
41 REPLIES 41

matus
Honored Guest
Isn't ukraine part of russia now? Try pre-ordering to russia.

AlexiGVS
Explorer
"matus" wrote:
Isn't ukraine part of russia now? Try pre-ordering to russia.

Is it a joke?) The part of Ukraine where I live is not a Russia yet 😉

matus
Honored Guest
I was trying to enact the geography-ignorant-american stereotype, but you didn't fall for it 😉

5eva
Honored Guest
+1 for this topic from me.
Keen to get it in Ukraine somehow. Is there any chance to do it?

RiftXdev
Explorer
Is it a boycott?

Many companies wont sell to Iran for instance. I know we can't trade with Iran (my company) because my bank said they'd revoke services if we did.

Is there American policy in place to embargo international trade to the Ukraine at the moment given recent/ongoing activity in the region?
DK1 | DK2
"The question isn't who is going to let me but rather who is going to stop me"

ThreeEyes
Explorer
I doubt there will be a problem but can't speak for Oculus.

The reason I doubt there will be an issue is that full payment is required to ship so Oculus takes no risk. It's just the buyer.

The only possible issue I would see is if there is some big reason that Oculus or a shipper believes that the Russian invasion might massively disrupt shipping and might hold shipment until they were more confident it could get through.

Depending on circumstances, as long as shippers were actually making deliveries in Ukraine, I could see it being a situation where you assume all risk if even insurers were unwilling to insure shipments.

On a personal note, I'm really sorry Russia is doing this to your country. Due to energy dependence in Ukraine and in the EU, it looks like hands are tied to stop Russia's invasion and theft of Crimea and possibly Ukraine. Very best luck to you and your country.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

Crespo80
Explorer
Did you try to contact Oculus support by mail? Maybe they can help you. Otherwise, if you have some friend or relative in some other Country in EU, you can ask to ship the Rift there, and then have it shipped to you 🙂

raidho36
Explorer
It's not "invasion" that could disrupt shipping, it's massive havoc rolling through Ukraine in general with all that revolutionary attitude (which is why there's any russian troops to begin with). Situation in Ukraine is really terrible and it doesn't even have anything to do with Russia.

Stereomike
Honored Guest
Situation in Ukraine is really terrible and it doesn't even have anything to do with Russia.

Crimea? Eastern Ukraine? Maan, I think we shouldn't talk about politics here, invalid arguments like yours just provoke flamewars and trolling.