New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

In Death " The Afterlife " Update 1.0

Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,203
Wintermute
edited October 4 in Games and Apps
New update to In Death.  It is now out of early access.  Has a few bugs ( I got killed but my arrow killed someone *after* my death so I got a black screen and had to force quit ) but even with a 1070 the graphics look so much better and "darker and gloomier" in the hallways.  Looks awesome.

You also get a Crossbow.  When you spawn in look to your left and there is a casket.  You can only have one at a time.  However with the crossbow I cannot figure out how to move.....

Ah well....give it a try guys.

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 11,969 Power Poster
    I saw the download yesterday! But I was too busy knocking mofo's the hell out in Creed. I'll try this soon!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,203
    Wintermute
    Figured ou thow to use the teleport arrows.  You press A while pulling back.  DOH!

Paradise lost is loads of fun.  I love the new evil mini cupids that you fight.  So funny.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,450 Poster of the Week
    edited October 4
    Been playing this A LOT since the update. There's a nasty bug causing the game to freeze after you die, and you have to force close the app. Other than that, it's a pretty decent game now, and that's coming from someone who normally dislikes rogue-likes per definition.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    Wintermute
     I just had another bug happen. I came out of one of those cathedrals after buying some new catalyst arrows And it spawned me about 10 m off the path floating in mid air. Not good for someone that doesn’t like heights. LOL
    Hmm, then I guess I'll wait til the current round of bugs get sorted!
    Wintermute
    Zenbane said:
    Hmm, then I guess I'll wait til the current round of bugs get sorted!
    They aren’t that bad. You just have to wait a little longer during loading screens and don’t die after you shoot. Easy peasy.  :D
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,385 Poster of the Week
    I'll be expanding my sensor area soon, really looking forward to hopping back in and trying the new update.  Heck, I've barely experienced the last few batches of changes (like the portal levels, and those annoying floaty specter things)

The ability for teleport arrows to do damage was a pretty funny addition.  Teleporting onto something as the killing blow feels like giving them a good curb-stomp. On the other hand, when the teleport fails to kill them I get that "oh shit" moment because, well.. they're now pissed off and an inch away from me, lol.
    The next nerd to cry about "the resolution" of top-of-the-line VR devices will be permanently banned from using ALL standard-definition media.  And yes, that includes all pre-Switch Nintendo games. Especially Melee.
    Even though it almost feels like cheating, I'm using the crossbow most of the time. My firerate is much higher, and being able to move while having it loaded is invaluable.
    The downside is that the game suddenly becomes more akin to any other shooter out there, so I go bow evey now and then to spice things up a bit :smile:

Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,329 Valuable Player
    edited October 5
    Out of curiosity (as I am no longer getting one) are the Devs still supporting raytracing as soon as the feature is unlocked?

I really should try the game. I bought it on launch but never played it 
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 599
    Neo
    This is one of my favorite games and I still need to play it a lot more then I do! Can't wait to try this patch tonight.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 966
    Neo
    edited October 5
    I wish there was obviously a Sword and that we could select a Difficulty Level, oh and the Shield to appear on your Right Hand as it's weird having the Bow disappear. That's all.
    Any of you guys beat Gabriel yet? Not quite sure what the best tactic is there.. I get pwned pretty quickly. :cry:
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 178
    Art3mis
    I love this game. not had the bugs mentioned happen to me yet, but then I don't normally last longer that 30-40 minutes before having to start again!  (Never made it as far as a boss yet!  Either the levels are really big, or I'm just crap! :smiley:
    Those floaty spectre guys are a bugger to kill too!  
    Great atmospheric and fun game to just hop in for a quick fix of "bow fighting" though!
    Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
    Got the bastard - Tempest arrows finish him off pretty quickly.
    edited October 9
    Did a P1->pit>PL->P2->pit>back to P2 to die stupidly:
    Any forum residents above 67th spot? :smiley:
    Wintermute
    Scoreboard doesn't seem to work for me.  It's just blank.  AH well.

Wintermute

At this moment you are alive, you breathe, you move about or work. You may be living in comfort or existing in misery. The sun rises and sets; somewhere a child is being born; but also somewhere, someone is always dying.

err....okay...

WTH?????? :|

At this moment you are alive, you breathe, you move about or work. You may be living in comfort or existing in misery. The sun rises and sets; somewhere a child is being born; but also somewhere, someone is always dying.

Played a good bit today, and in my best run I cleared the (first?) pit and ALMOST beat Anakim, got him down to a tiny sliver of health, but before I could finish him off I got completely swarmed by his mooks.   

A tip to enhance your game experience: listen to some really unsettling music while you play. :wink: 

Also, I noticed that the shield-bashes do damage now!  It's not quite a sword, but there's something very satisfying about finishing an enemy off with a pimp-slap, coins exploding out of them in the process.  "Begone thot!" :lol:

The next nerd to cry about "the resolution" of top-of-the-line VR devices will be permanently banned from using ALL standard-definition media.  And yes, that includes all pre-Switch Nintendo games. Especially Melee.
    Wintermute
    I usually kill Anakim off quite easily and quickly with lots of explosions. Cover the stairs with the mines arrows then at the same time fill him with catalyst arrows as fast as you can. I usually kill him before his goons can fire off a single shot. 
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,251 Volunteer Moderator
    CrashFu said:
    Played a good bit today, and in my best run I cleared the (first?) pit and ALMOST beat Anakim, got him down to a tiny sliver of health, but before I could finish him off I got completely swarmed by his mooks.   

A tip to enhance your game experience: listen to some really unsettling music while you play. :wink: 

Also, I noticed that the shield-bashes do damage now!  It's not quite a sword, but there's something very satisfying about finishing an enemy off with a pimp-slap, coins exploding out of them in the process.  "Begone thot!" :lol:

Unsettling music ... Tylor Swift then :|
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Digikid1 said:
    I usually kill Anakim off quite easily and quickly with lots of explosions. Cover the stairs with the mines arrows then at the same time fill him with catalyst arrows as fast as you can. I usually kill him before his goons can fire off a single shot. 
    The problem comes when you're just one or two explosives short of actually finishing him. :anguished:   They've definitely upped his total health or something, because I remember that used to be a piece of cake.

I think his helpers are triggered to spawn as he reaches certain intervals of health, rather than at time intervals?  So if you nuke him with explosives at the beginning of the fight but don't finish him off completely, you end up with like thirty enemies filling the room at once.

Wintermute
    CrashFu said:
    Digikid1 said:
    The problem comes when you're just one or two explosives short of actually finishing him. :anguished:   They've definitely upped his total health or something, because I remember that used to be a piece of cake.

I think his helpers are triggered to spawn as he reaches certain intervals of health, rather than at time intervals?  So if you nuke him with explosives at the beginning of the fight but don't finish him off completely, you end up with like thirty enemies filling the room at once.

Not sure. Tried again yesterday and was able to defeat him the exact same way. Even managed to get to and kill Gabriel in Paradise Lost as well easily with Tempest arrows and Catalyst arrows while hiding and peeking around the pillars. 
    @Digikid1- what's your high score? 
  • TaintFistTaintFist Posts: 153
    Art3mis
    I love this game, but I'm waiting on the update to be fixed hehe.  I first bought it on Steam, then used the function allowing me to port it over to Oculus.  The update won't download it just returns an error telling me to check my internet connection hehe.
    Once I do finally download the update, I'll be loving this again.

Wintermute
    Wildt said:
    Way below yours. LOL
    Digikid1 said:
    Wildt said:
    Way below yours. LOL
    Did you find/free any orphans? They give you 25k and special arrows.
    Anyone have tips for beating Gabriel? I managed to reach him yesterday, but all his attacks had such massive areas of effect, I wasn't really sure how I was supposed to dodge them. I did get him below half health, though... if I had had more myself, (or some more lethal arrows on me at the time) I might have been able to win.
    CrashFu said:
    Anyone have tips for beating Gabriel? I managed to reach him yesterday, but all his attacks had such massive areas of effect, I wasn't really sure how I was supposed to dodge them. I did get him below half health, though... if I had had more myself, (or some more lethal arrows on me at the time) I might have been able to win.
    What Digikid said works fine.
    Wintermute
    Wildt said:
    Digikid1 said:
    Wildt said:
    Way below yours. LOL
    Did you find/free any orphans? They give you 25k and special arrows.
    Nope.  No idea where any of them are....and since the levels change all of the time I doubt I ever will.  LOL!!!!!!