cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Death " The Afterlife " Update 1.0

Digikid1
Consultant
New update to In Death.  It is now out of early access.  Has a few bugs ( I got killed but my arrow killed someone *after* my death so I got a black screen and had to force quit ) but even with a 1070 the graphics look so much better and "darker and gloomier" in the hallways.  Looks awesome.

You also get a Crossbow.  When you spawn in look to your left and there is a casket.  You can only have one at a time.  However with the crossbow I cannot figure out how to move.....

Ah well....give it a try guys.
128 REPLIES 128

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I saw the download yesterday! But I was too busy knocking mofo's the hell out in Creed. I'll try this soon!

Digikid1
Consultant
Figured ou thow to use the teleport arrows.  You press A while pulling back.  DOH!

Paradise lost is loads of fun.  I love the new evil mini cupids that you fight.  So funny.

Wildt
Consultant
Been playing this A LOT since the update. There's a nasty bug causing the game to freeze after you die, and you have to force close the app. Other than that, it's a pretty decent game now, and that's coming from someone who normally dislikes rogue-likes per definition.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Digikid1
Consultant
 I just had another bug happen. I came out of one of those cathedrals after buying some new catalyst arrows And it spawned me about 10 m off the path floating in mid air. Not good for someone that doesn’t like heights. LOL

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Hmm, then I guess I'll wait til the current round of bugs get sorted!

Digikid1
Consultant

Zenbane said:

Hmm, then I guess I'll wait til the current round of bugs get sorted!

They aren’t that bad. You just have to wait a little longer during loading screens and don’t die after you shoot. Easy peasy.  😄

CrashFu
Consultant
I'll be expanding my sensor area soon, really looking forward to hopping back in and trying the new update.  Heck, I've barely experienced the last few batches of changes (like the portal levels, and those annoying floaty specter things)

The ability for teleport arrows to do damage was a pretty funny addition.  Teleporting onto something as the killing blow feels like giving them a good curb-stomp. On the other hand, when the teleport fails to kill them I get that "oh shit" moment because, well.. they're now pissed off and an inch away from me, lol.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Wildt
Consultant
Even though it almost feels like cheating, I'm using the crossbow most of the time. My firerate is much higher, and being able to move while having it loaded is invaluable.
The downside is that the game suddenly becomes more akin to any other shooter out there, so I go bow evey now and then to spice things up a bit :smile:

PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Out of curiosity (as I am no longer getting one) are the Devs still supporting raytracing as soon as the feature is unlocked?

I really should try the game. I bought it on launch but never played it 
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂