In Death " The Afterlife " Update 1.0 - Page 4 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

In Death " The Afterlife " Update 1.0

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,836 Valuable Player
    Brixmis said:
    Digikid1 said:
    .....usually by those black/red robed bastards that shoot five arrows at once. 
    What? Oh, I'm definitely screwed then! Hadn't come across those yet.
    You must be joking. They showed up quite early in the game for me. 
    Brixmis said:
    This afternoon I started up Home to start some Skyrim and there he was, at the top of my friends list: Brian Wildt: Playing In Death

'Of course!', I thought to myself...
    I saw that as well but a few days ago. He ADDICTED TO IT. LOL
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,287 Valuable Player
    edited December 2018
    Digikid1 said:
    Brixmis said:
    Digikid1 said:
    .....usually by those black/red robed bastards that shoot five arrows at once. 
    What? Oh, I'm definitely screwed then! Hadn't come across those yet.
    You must be joking. They showed up quite early in the game for me. 
    Hmm, well, I've been through a couple of levels and not seen them. Couple of levels is probably bugger all, but as I said, I always take one chance too many  :/

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,791 Valuable Player
    edited December 2018
    It's your achievement percentage that unlocks the various enemy types - not how far you get into the levels of the game.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    edited December 2018
    Really? I have no idea about achievements, so I'm still none the wiser :D

As I mentioned - if I knew more about the game, I'd probably do a lot better. Maybe I should look for some vids on YouTube or even a guide somewhere.

Edit: Hah ha ha! When I put "In Death Guide" into Google, it gave me a load of results about funeral services and wills!

It also gave me this, though:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1288069185

Which is a start.

@Wildt you’re losing your touch...you’re no longer in the top ten.  ;)
    Yeah, I've stopped playing leaderboard runs, untill they fix the long distance headshot achievements. They cannot be achieved in the current build, and its a massive handicap not having them. 
    Been playing ladder challenges instead - here both players get the same unlocks. 
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    I must have missed that.  Ladder challenges?
    edited December 2018
    There are 7 tiers of players who can challenge eachother in a 30 minute async game where the both players get the exact same seed for level layout, same unlocks and arrow drops etc, so it's a fair game.

Tier 1 of the ladder system: :sunglasses: 

edited December 2018
    Oh those. No one ever follows up on them. I can complete a challenge and nothing comes of it. Quite annoying. 
    edited December 2018
    The low tiers are quite inactive, but if noone responds to your challenges, they count as wins for you still.

So just challenge everyone on your tier and score a few points, and at the day of reckoning you"ll get a nice bump up the ladder.

The top tiers are a lot more active. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,631 Valuable Player
    edited December 2018
    I need to get back in to this game soon. Wildt's 1-hour video inspired me! Although I noticed in the first 2 minutes of the video a mob dropped a health potion. Fake news, the game never gives me health potions. Haxx
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    What are ya talking about. It gives me “Blood of the lamb” ALL the time. 

......just never when I never really NEED them. Bastards.  :D
    edited December 2018
    Lo and behold - the game suddenly fixed itself, and all the previousy unachievable achievements unlocked, and I'm now rocking 100%. Time to go for a leaderboard run - now I have no excuses!

Hoping to re-enter top 10!
    Wait....you have ALL the milestones done????
    Aye capt'n
    edited January 7
    I'm gradually getting better at this - must be all the archery I'm doing in SkyrimVR.

When I started my sesh tonight, I was at around 8,400 in the all-time list (Brian was at number 10 - slacking?). When I quit I was at 7,012 - so that's something. For the first time, I got an upgrade - flaming arrows, which I really like. But I'm getting a lot more headshots in. Despite that, sometimes I feel incredibly inept, as I stand there, launching arrow after arrow at something only about 20ft away and miss with the first half-dozen. :s

However, I'm getting a lot more tactical - using the pillars for cover and just leaning round them and ducking back to avoid the incoming arrows and axes, plus teleporting to about 6ft away from the bad boys and shoving a load of arrows into them before they can react. I also managed to kill quite a few with the shield - hadn't realised that was even possible.

My better scores may also be down partly to the fact that my arm isn't getting as achey as quickly as it used to.

By the way, Brian - when I watched your video, at first I thought the repeater crossbow was an exploit!

That crossbow is awful. I’ll never use it again. I use the bow but in a crossbow like way. A lot easier and very oddly enough.....feels natural as if I did it before. Weird. 

I played a bit today. Bad day for it though as I never even made it to Anakim. Ah well. Got four achievements though for a total of 61%. 
    edited January 17
    This game is just fantastic. Had another random go just now. Was looking through my library, even though Elite was calling to me, when I spotted this again, I couldn't resist. It makes me laugh and want to cry - all at the same time! :)

Got further than ever before. What makes me laugh, is that I aim at the same place, but first my arrow will go just to the left of his head, the next one goes just to the right - so, yeah, I think the next one will go right between his mince pies - but no, it flies over his bonce! :D 

Today, I finally realised how to add the extra arrows to my "quiver". I learned the immense joy of explosive arrowheads. I actually got into a bell tower and upgraded (double arrows of one type) and gained extra health bonuses. I was so close to the end..... but I missed the barsteward who was only about 2 feet away and his axe ended my round. I'd be pissed off, but it's just so much fun!

oh - it also has the dubious accolade of "game that makes me punch solid things the most"

My trick is this. When aiming look PAST the arrow and at the enemy. Your vision will change so that you are seeing two arrows. Put your target between them. Works every time for me. 
    edited January 17
    Right - I'll give that a go. I do look at the target, anyway, but I'll make an effort to get the arrows aligned. I was thinking they put in a bit of aerodynamics and thus no two arrows ever hit the same spot - but I'll be fuffed to chuck if that's not the case.

Another thing I got today - but no idea how - was the slow motion thing. That was just awesome, combined with the exploding arrowheads (and I had the frozen ones, too). Jumped on the top of the roofs and took out loadsa baddies :)

PS - also met those annoying floating skeleton things. Ugh - gave me the willies!

Yeah the flying skeletons are creepy as heck. Go for the heart area for them. 
  • JonJonXDJonJonXD Posts: 86
    Hiro Protagonist
    I need to check this out. I haven't played In Death since April.
    PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

Power Color Red Dragon RX 580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

LG 29UM60-P Ultra Wide 2560x1080 Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Been playing this a lot lately, and happy to see my placing dropping by a few thousand - now about 2,800 ish.

I seem to have unlocked something that means I now have harder enemies right from the off - and many more of them. Don't know how I managed that - I did get 3 unlocks since yesterday, but on my wall, there are 3 remaining to be unlocked - just as before. So don't know what those unlocks were, as all the waffle on the notice is too much to remember.

Finally, finally got to the big Boss at the end of the level - twice now, but how the hell do I kill that and all the other nasties that show up? I'd need a large supply of the most potent arrow types!

Anyway, improving my tactics all the time, so getting better scores. Not reached 50,000 points in a round, yet, but am very close. That's my next target. I also found that hidden levels can be reached by shooting a teleport arrow (something I regularly forget about when traversing the level) at a murial on the wall. That's chock-full of nasties, too!

Getting really addicted to this game - even getting better with the crazy crossbow, though it's not my weapon of choice.

@Brixmis

Either try to kill him off real quick (with headshots and/or special arrows like I did in the video posted in this thread), or go for the slow burn method.
    The monks who spawn in the walls, do so for each 20% or so damage you inflict on Anakim, so you can take them out slowly one wave at a time. 
    What you DON'T wanna do is quickly bring him down to e.g. 15% health and then attempt to fight the combined 5 waves of monks.

Every monk and zombie dies when Anakim does.

Here is a comprehensive guide.
    The best and easiest way to kill Anakim is to spam him with explosives.  After you teleport down place those mine arrows quickly on the stairs them start spamming him with catalyst arrows like crazy. 

I’ve done this many times now.....without getting shot ONCE by his white robed minions. 

Works EVERY time. Just be sure to get and save your catalyst and mine arrows for him. 
    Sounds like great advice - I'll see what I can do... :|

Digikid1 said:
    Works EVERY time. Just be sure to get and save your catalyst and mine arrows for him. 
    After purg 12 not even a full quiver of cat V will take him down.
    Wildt said:
    Digikid1 said:
    After purg 12 not even a full quiver of cat V will take him down.
    Heh. I’ve never made it past purgatory 2 much less 12.  😫