New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Replay Of OC5 Live Stream: Playing The First 20 Minutes Of Stormland

vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 284
Nexus 6

So while attending OC5 last week I got an opportunity to stream a bit of Stormland gameplay from a really cool glass booth high above the show floor. Unfortunately I could only stream it to my personal Facebook page at the time so I have decided to re-post it here on my channel as well. I want to sincerely thank Oculus and Facebook Gaming for bringing me out to the event and for getting this all set up for us to use.... it was great!  

So for my time in the booth I chose to stream a bit of Stormland, the upcoming game from Insomniac Studios. I was really impressed with Insomniacs previous title, The Unspoken, so needless to say I was a bit excited to get to try Stormland.

Overall the short bit I got to play was amazing! The atmosphere and gameplay were very well put together and polished. My only complaint as you will see in the video was that there wasn't any sort of room scale.... Basically if I moved too far off center in most scenes the camera would lock and then lurch to a new position keeping me from moving more than a step away in any direction. I don't know if this will be fixed prior to release but I really hope it is... This game needs to give me the ability to move around freely within my play space! Even with that in mind the controls handled really smoothly and if I had to play it standing locked into one spot I would still do so happily. 

All I can say is that I was thoroughly impressed with the 20 minutes of Stormland I got to play and I can't wait to see the full release!
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

Comments

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,541 Valuable Player
    Wow. Looks good
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,617 Volunteer Moderator
    Great vid! Can't wait for the game. 

Also the calibration bit is such a great idea, it measures the length of your arms to approximate the Inverse Kinematics for the elbow and arm movement. That way your virtual arm won't stretch or glitch when your real arms length falls above or below the most common length. Pretty neat!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)