New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

1943 Berlin Blitz doesn't load?

RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,127 Valuable Player
1943 Berlin Blitz doesn't load? Tried reinstalling and same thing. I was really looking forward to seeing this experience. Any idea's?

Comments

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,103 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    The first time I ran it, it seemed to be stuck at the loading stage until I pressed one of the Touch buttons and it started, can't remember which button. After that, launching it from Oculus library worked fine.
    Gateway 2000, Pentium II 300 Mhz CPU, 64Mb RAM, STB Velocity 128 AGP Graphics Card with 4MB SGRAM, 6.4Gb Hard Drive, US Robotics 56.5kbps Internal Modem, 12/24x CDROM Drive, Ensoniq AudioPCI, Windows 95.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,127 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    @DaftnDirect @cybereality - Still doesn't work it just shows a loading screen at the start but it doesn't load anything. I tried disabling virus programs and other background programs, but it's still the same? Also tried pressing all buttons on the controller, but nothing?
    edited October 2018

mmm I remember taking the Rift off when I realised it wasn't loading and checking whether anything was happening on the monitor... I may have clicked on the monitor window to make that the focus before putting the Rift back on and pressing all the buttons.

I'm clutching at straws a bit here @RedRizla, you may have a completely different problem.

Edit: Have the two .json files for the app generated in your Oculus/CoreData/manifests folder?

Gateway 2000, Pentium II 300 Mhz CPU, 64Mb RAM, STB Velocity 128 AGP Graphics Card with 4MB SGRAM, 6.4Gb Hard Drive, US Robotics 56.5kbps Internal Modem, 12/24x CDROM Drive, Ensoniq AudioPCI, Windows 95.
    edited October 2018
    @DaftnDirect - One file mentions this experience in that directory, but the timer just spins and it's a black background on my desktop. Inside the Rift it shows you a picture of a guy in a pilot suit and just stays on the loading screen. Is it any good? I was really looking forward to seeing it, but it just doesn't work..
    edited October 2018
    Starting to think this needs taken of Oculus Home if it's hard to get it started, or it doesn't start at all like in my case. How do things like this get on Oculus Home that don't work properly?
    Ah, I downloaded mine from Steam, try that version
    @DaftnDirect - Just tried Steam Version and same thing. I do get the music however when I press spacebar on keyboard. Does it require flash or something? I can't work out why it won't work..
  • GeoffH254GeoffH254 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    1943 Berlin Blitz I downloaded but where does it go to?  Can't find it nor was I given the option for its destination/folder. 
    edited January 11
    GeoffH254 said:
    1943 Berlin Blitz I downloaded but where does it go to?  Can't find it nor was I given the option for its destination/folder. 

I'm not sure what you mean tbh. It goes to where all your other stuff is installed, if you haven't changed anything..

@GeoffH254

As RedRizla says, files should be installed where you've set your Oculus games folder to be, which puts files in 2 folders, Oculus/CoreData/Manifests and Oculus/CoreData/Software/StoreAssets.

Also, if you've installed it from Steam rather than from Oculus Home, you'll have the main program installed within the folder that you've set for your Steam games... Steam/steamapps/common, in addition to some files in the Oculus folders above.

Also, also! for anyone interested in the problem discussed earlier in this post, the discussion was continued in this thread with a possible solution:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/649556#Comment_649556