New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

ASW seems locked

greggale84greggale84 Posts: 5
NerveGear
Hi,

I just bought an Oculus Rift to use it with DCS. The ctrl +1,2,3,4 shortcuts don't seem to be working. When I use the debug tool to disable ASW the glitches related to ASW go away, but I still get 45 FPS, or 30 when things get busy. Sometimes when I'm alone over water and look up it goes to 46 for a split second, then goes back to 45. Likewise, when it gets busy, especially on the ground it seems the system is trying to lock it at 30 FPS. I rarely get 34 or 36 or 28. It's either 30 or 45 95% of the time. What can it be? (GTX1070, Ryzen 1600x overclocked to 3.9)

Thanks!
Greg

Answers

• YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 980
    3Jane
    That sound obvious but when doing CTRL+1/2/3/4 be sure to have Numlock well activated to reach number on your numpad (instead of "End", "down arrow, etc.).

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• greggale84greggale84 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Yeah, that was my first thought too, but no joy. And as I said, even if it's disabled via the debug tool it's still locked to 45 or 30.
    3Jane
    Does that happen in other games? Even more obvious than my previous post : I don't use it but I know DCS is really demanding for the machine and possibly 45 fps is your max for it?

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

NerveGear
    I use IL2 BoX too, and there it's also kind of locked to 45, with an occasional 46 for a second. It could be my PC's limit, but I don't think it's accidental.
    3Jane
    edited October 8
    Mmm, in IL-2 I struggle to keep between 45 and 90fps and I have a GTX1080 OC 10%, an I7 3770K OC 4,4Ghz and 16GB. For me CTRL-1 work fine and unlock the 45fps. In a quick mission 3vs3 I can have 90fps nearly all the time. In career or when some bombers are around it's not the same story. You're computer have below specs so I expect less fps than me, but the fact it keep locked to 45fps it's weird. Sorry I'm not really helping you here...

NerveGear
    I just found a guy who also has a Ryzen CPU (better than mine) and his DCS also seems to be capped at 45 FPS.
    NerveGear
    I managed to solve it. Not sure if that was it, but I opened Steam VR, and unchecked ASW. Even though Steam isn't open at all when I play DCS, somehow it still enforced ASW, even with it being disabled in the debug tool. Now I have 70-80 FPS when things are really calm.
    3Jane
    edited October 11
    Glad you resolved it. I don't do anymore SteamVR as I'm using the OpenComposite DLL thing to avoid launching SteamVR for IL-2. I have a more solid FPS counter and avoid all those settings which were interfering for you. Not sure it could work with DCS, you could try. It's simple as replacing a DLL in the game directory (backup the original one obviously). : https://gitlab.com/znixian/OpenOVR/blob/master/README.md