New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus headset not detecting graphics card driver

powerhitter41powerhitter41 Posts: 5
NerveGear
edited October 8 in Oculus Rift + Touch
My Oculus says that I need to update my graphics driver, but I already did multiple times I even uninstalled the Oculus software and disabled my MSI gaming app. I don't know what to do It was working fine until I updated my graphics driver.

Comments

• CydaCyda Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Which driver version did you update to?
  • hpat99hpat99 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    same problem for me driver Nvidia 416.16, the latest provifed from Nvidia site. Isuue on support. Waiting any answer..
    Brain Burst
    That's odd, I just installed 416.16 and it seems to be working here with my 1070, I didn't try any games because I had to head back to work but Home opened fine and the HMD seems to be working as expected. I'll try some games later.
  • powerhitter41powerhitter41 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    416.16 works alright with games just not VR. My whole oculus doesn’t work
    Brain Burst
    edited October 11
    416.16 is working fine here. I played a hour of Beat Saber last night and all was fine. 

This may sound odd but try pressing Win key + P to toggle between windows' display functions a few times whilst wearing the Rift to see if this fixes the problem. This has worked for a couple of others on reddit, with display issues since the latest update, so it's worth trying.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,253 Volunteer Moderator
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    NerveGear
    edited October 11
    Ok I will. I will also tell you if neither of the solutions work.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,851 Oculus Staff
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    Ok thank you. I will definitely try these options. If they don’t work I’ll let you know.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,253 Volunteer Moderator
    Ok thank you. I will definitely try these options. If they don’t work I’ll let you know.
    Or let us know if they do work! :) Thank you!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • TaintFistTaintFist Posts: 156
    Art3mis
    Nvidia just released another update, to 416.36.  Figured I'd post it, maybe they pushed a new driver so quickly because they fixed whatever issue was causing all of you to have issues?  Good luck.

NerveGear
    @cybereality I got the oculus to finally work with your forum. Thank you.