New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Borderlands 2 VR Announced for PSVR

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,206 Power Poster
Hopefully Gearbox sees some sense and releases it on PC as well.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,482 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    indeed.. i too hope it comes to pc.

i hate how money grubbing 2k were with borderlands 2 but i cant lie its a great game.
    hmmm so you can slow time?

i can only imagine this must be 1 player then,
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,119
    Wintermute
    This is a game I always thought would be awesome to port to VR. 

Borderlands is just a great coop shooter and I think its simple graphics style should help it run better. 

I hope it gets ported to Rift and Vive but I'm still waiting for Resident Evil 7 so I'm not holding my breath. 

One thing I wish is that they would take a game like Borderlands 2, take all the models, voice acting and other assets and build a VR game from the ground up. 
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,482 Valuable Player
    i must admit i am not sure i could face starting borderlands 2 from the start again.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • kilobulbkilobulb Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    Amazing news. Hopefully it does well enough they consider a PC port. I saw something recently about Borderlands 3 coming next year and a new borderland DLC coming this year. Maybe this is what the rumours were about?

A lot of PSVR stuff due out or just come out. Astro bot, Tetris effect, ace combat and now this. Maybe black friday will bring cheap PSVR deals :).
  • TaintFistTaintFist Posts: 179
    Art3mis
    I've tried Borderland 2 using Vorpx, and it is a great game for vr.  Outside of the horrible controls :smiley: 
    I have PSVR, but yeah, so much more can be done with this on PC, and BL2Vr with touch controllers would be awesome.

• TaintFistTaintFist Posts: 179
    Art3mis
    MowTin said:
    This is a game I always thought would be awesome to port to VR. 

Borderlands is just a great coop shooter and I think its simple graphics style should help it run better. 

I hope it gets ported to Rift and Vive but I'm still waiting for Resident Evil 7 so I'm not holding my breath. 

One thing I wish is that they would take a game like Borderlands 2, take all the models, voice acting and other assets and build a VR game from the ground up. 
    Wouldn't it be awesome to have Borderlands modding ability like a Bethesda game?  Would love to have software like the Creation Kit for Borderlands 2.  Bethesda does a lot wrong, but what they got right is how easily modded their games are.  Would be awesome to have software to manipulate the Borderlands world more easily.

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,119
    Wintermute
    TaintFist said:
    Wouldn't it be awesome to have Borderlands modding ability like a Bethesda game?  Would love to have software like the Creation Kit for Borderlands 2.  Bethesda does a lot wrong, but what they got right is how easily modded their games are.  Would be awesome to have software to manipulate the Borderlands world more easily.
    I generally wish more games would allow modding. 

The thing about Borderlands is that it would be the coop VR shooter by far. I bought Gunheart but it just doesn't compare.