New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Flyinside's new Flight simulator (Released)

Techy111Techy111 Posts: 4,987 Volunteer Moderator
edited October 12 in Games and Apps
We are hoping to release this week as open beta folks. Here is a little trailer  :)

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
And FlyInside Forum Admin.
Flyinside Flight Simulator is coming !!!!! (In Beta)

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 4,987 Volunteer Moderator
    And oh boy, it's silky in VR if I say so myself :)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
  • sford52sford52 Posts: 65
    Hiro Protagonist
    wow, that looks nice! Really nice.

I see from your web site  http://wiki.flyinside-fsx.com/index.php/Hardware_Setup that:
    a) it does run with fsx se
    b) it doesn't have additional hardware requirements above the Oculus min reqs.

SO,
    1) does it support all airplanes -  fsx included,  freeware and payware
       kowing that payware may be unusable due to its own added demands
    2) do I set my console to 2d or 3d

I do run fsx-se on my laptop with a logitech extreme 3d pro in a on laptop usb port and I would imagine the laptop screen is the primary.

I would guess that the thing to do is try the trial version and see if it works.

ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift
    Mate I need to speak with Dan !!! This is a NEW simulator not to be confused with our plug in for xplane fsx or p3d. It should be clearer and I'll get that changed asap. So to clarify, this is not for other sims but a new SIM built from the ground up.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Techy111 said:
    Mate I need to speak with Dan !!! This is a NEW simulator not to be confused with our plug in for xplane fsx or p3d. It should be clearer and I'll get that changed asap. So to clarify, this is not for other sims but a new SIM built from the ground up.
    No problem, no hurry @Techy111 ; I'll be hanging around with Liv on the ship searching for ^%&@^$ sat cubes.
    Thanks
    ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift
    Lmao I wasn't being rude mate, I was slapping myself, should of made it clearer. Sorry
    edited October 10
    Specs to run the sim =
    A 1050 or AMD equivalent for non VR 2d

For VR:

-Minimum: Oculus specs for vr
    -Rec: GTX 1070, 16GB RAM

Any questions please ask.

http://www.flyinside-flightsim.com

Hiro Protagonist
    edited October 10
    Dont worry @T, I didn't think you were being rude.   I didnt get the difference but after taking some time at the site I see it now

WRT the new  sim, I'm pretty nervous about the VR version since my laptop GTX 1070 only has 8GB.  I may still d/l it, but I'm pretty set I'm my MS FSX bad habit ways, using MSFS since 1.0 first came out in the early 80s.

Will probably also try the VR FlyInside FSX Pro 1.96 - for Flight Simulator X, it was one of the reasons I bought the Rift in the first place.

Thanks again my friend!

I'm pretty certain that the 1070 8gb will be fine for our sim in VR ;)
  • Moto13kMoto13k Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Fantastic, i tried using Flyinside with FSX the other day and i was not having much luck. I look forward to testing this.
    GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3 | [email protected] | Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB DDR3 1866MHz | MSI GTX 1080 Duke | Samsung Evo 860 500GB

Released today :)
    NerveGear
    Cool, downloading now.  Very excited to try this.
    GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3 | [email protected] | Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB DDR3 1866MHz | MSI GTX 1080 Duke | Samsung Evo 860 500GB

Let us know here or on our forum what you think mate ;)
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 1,950
    Project 2501
    I've been watching the site, Home and Steam since getting the email this morning, but haven't seen it available yet - I'll go and have (yet...) another look.

• lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 113
    Art3mis
    Downloading too. If this is better optimised than Xplane I'm gona gain some disk space on my PC  ;)
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
    Project 2501
    Ok - it arrived since I started reading the motorsport sites :)

Problem, though - I have tried umpteen times to change my email address for my FI account and nothing came up confirming the change. I sent an email about it to the contact address and got no reply.

Now I can only sign in to my FI account with an old and invalid email address. Not the best advert ;)

Pm me fella and I'll get you sorted or Dan will.
    Project 2501
    I'm testing the trial tomorrow - I have downloaded it, but don't have the time today.

For those who don't know - I just stumbled across the manual for the Boeing 717 - it's in your Documents folder under the name "TFDi Design". Pretty useful info - and looks like some app for a tablet? Anyway I'll find out when I get to read it properly. No idea where other manuals are, though. Looks a very similar architecture to FSX/P3D.

• lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 113
    Art3mis
    Promising start. Graphics on High preset and pixel density at 1.5..a solid 90fps :) 
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 475
    Trinity
    edited October 12
    Ya, I bought and downloaded this today from their website and paid via PayPal.  After registering my license I then downloaded the rest of the stuff (mainly scenery and a few aircraft).  Man, this does take up a bit of my SSD drive space!  Like 40Gb overall (downloaded zip file is of course a little less, but not much), and this only includes the continental USA.  Versus X-Plane 11.26rc2 with total world coverage (stock no plugins or non-stock aircraft) of 61Gb.  So be prepared for this.

The good news is that their servers are pretty fast and it took less than 2 hours to download/install everything (the initial demo download only took less than 30 minutes).  Probably close to 10x faster than FXP1's servers imho.

I've only had a chance to try one plane and heli so far around the Las Vegas area (I kinda like flying around there since I fondly remember flying the Strip 30 years ago in a c172).  

I mainly flew in non-VR so I could more easily set up my flight control sticks and get a feel for things.  I did a little Oculus Rift VR with a plane and it looked pretty good and worked fine.  Much as I like the VR-hands and Oculus touch controllers, I kinda doubt that I will ever transfer these completely  over from my flight stick(s).  Their VR mouse did seem to work pretty well though.

I really cannot say much more for now until I've had a chance to finetune settings and understand the program a lot better (maybe another 3-4 days).  It seems to be a lot like like XP11 (= pretty easy to follow and setup flights, maybe even a bit easier) so  hopefully this will not take me too long.

Overall, my initial impression is that it looks very good.  Just remember that this is a Flight Simulator, not an Arcade Game, lol!
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
    Thanks guys great feedback. Remember you can tinker under the hood on our sim and it's going to just grow and grow. VR smoothness is definitely it's biggest plus
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,033 Valuable Player
    edited October 13
    @Techy111 - How realistic are the flight models? I'll have to give it a go when I can find time, but night flying looks really nice. Has this been in development for some time because it looks really smooth without stutters? 
  • Mysta2Mysta2 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I dove into this this afternoon. First of all let me say that the aircraft models are gorgeous, and the helicopter selection is super exciting (any plans to add an S-300?). I'm mainly interested in the helicopters but I couldn't seem to manage to grab the collective with the touch controllers. In the 530 (so excited to have one of these to fly!) I could get the lockout collar to twitch and I could get the throttle to rotate unpredictably. When I put my hand down and grip I get feedback from the controller but no hold of the control. Trying to lift it with just a finger did actually pull it up but it would fall off if I pulled up with any speed. Also even though I was able to ever so slowly pull it up sometimes this way... it didn't seem to do anything to the blade pitch. I couldn't get off the ground. Same issue with the CH47 and the 407. The T-38 seemed to work great and is beautiful, the rudder pedals seemed to control roll rather than yaw though which seemed strange (switching to rear view of the aircraft confirmed that the rudder was moving with the pedals). Is this possibly a real characteristic of this aircraft? Is there a list of airports that are available right now? Every one that I selected said that scenery was not available.

Awesome product. I am excited to see it progress!
    Thanks guys :) @RedRizla yes mate a good few months and years lol @Mysta2 these might be some early bugs you're finding, could you pop over to our forum and post these so Dan can look into them asap. If you are on the demo you'll only get a 200 mile radius of airports but these all unlock when (if) you purchase ;) hmmm T38 doesn't do that for me, will test again. As for other helicopters, we are hoping to get external devs joining us and I for one would love a 300 :)
    We have designed this to fully utilise VR and this is why it's so damn smooth! IMO of course lol
    And @RedRizla the flight models are getting tweaked all the time and the realism factor will only grow, but for now I think we did a good job. The heli's are a damn handful.
    MRTV gives us a plug ;)

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,033 Valuable Player
    @Techy111 - You might want to put this on the DCS forums if you haven't already. The section for other sims available in the DCS forums. I'll purchase it in a couple of weeks when I've got the money..
    Will do mate ;) was thinking of putting it on fightercontrol.co.uk also,
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,872 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    @Techy111 - You might want to put this on the DCS forums if you haven't already. The section for other sims available in the DCS forums. I'll purchase it in a couple of weeks when I've got the money..
    Was kinda expecting us loyal regular forum also "Techy111 supporters" to put out something free, like maybe pm a key :p

Looks great btw not seen this for sometime when you first ever linked it Tony. This hands on is an amazing idea for VR

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    NerveGear
    edited October 13
    Loving this. I will be uninstalling FSX and using that HD space for this. :smile:

Is there any way to update the game without it running.  i have a slow connection and id prefer not to have it running while everything updates or when i download scenery or aircraft.  

*edit*  pausing the sim and closing oculus home allows the downloads to continue with minimal resource usage. 

Thanks mate, yeah I stopped with p3d and fsx when early testing, it'll only get better when more devs jump on board. In VR is where it really shines and will only grow from strength to strength in the future. ( we hope) ;)