New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Is there a way to install older versions?

MooffinMooffin Posts: 13
NerveGear
I was wondering if there was a way to install previous versions of oculus because this current version is crashing my pc for an unknown reason

Comments

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 405
    Nexus 6
    Unfortunately 1.31 will be the minimum version from here on. The current setup file hosted by oculus is 1.30 but you'll be forced to update to 1.31 after installing
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 267
    Nexus 6
    Probably a good idea to download and run repair anyway.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!

Also have a 64gb Oculus Go which I love for travel and quick VR Fixes.  Looking forward to the Quest!
  • MooffinMooffin Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    I already tried to Repair and unistall re install im just done messing with it at this point just going to have to get a new pc

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,833 Oculus Staff
    Sorry, you can't install old versions.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • NorbertNordwandNorbertNordwand Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Why not? Is there an update forced on Oculus ??
    Yes, the update is automatic.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • NorbertNordwandNorbertNordwand Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Hello .. I meant update duty ..
    For a video card driver, I can decide for myself if I want to install the newer one. Why am I forced to play the new update on Oculus ??
    I do not need a home 2. I do not care what the living room looks like and what I can do there.
    I use the Rift exclusively for simracing. Only I can not do this anymore since the Uodate on V 1.31. Have the beta phase often tried and found again that it does not work with core 2.0. If I had been informed that with V1.31 there is no going back, then I would have refused the update.
    Everything was fine before that.
    Now I have invested a lot of time and nerves and there is still no solution ..
    My question, what is so difficult to offer the old version 1.30 as an alternative, for people who have problems with the V1.31, or nothing at all goes ..
  • MooffinMooffin Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Still no luck been trying everything and my support ticket was never answered still getting crashes

• AussieStigAussieStig Posts: 203
    Art3mis
    Hello .. I meant update duty ..
    For a video card driver, I can decide for myself if I want to install the newer one. Why am I forced to play the new update on Oculus ??
    I do not need a home 2. I do not care what the living room looks like and what I can do there.
    I use the Rift exclusively for simracing. Only I can not do this anymore since the Uodate on V 1.31. Have the beta phase often tried and found again that it does not work with core 2.0. If I had been informed that with V1.31 there is no going back, then I would have refused the update.
    Everything was fine before that.
    Now I have invested a lot of time and nerves and there is still no solution ..
    My question, what is so difficult to offer the old version 1.30 as an alternative, for people who have problems with the V1.31, or nothing at all goes ..
    I'm with you mate, I only sim race with VR! My DK2 is still working with this update, but it was working much better with the previous 1.30 software. I really do not understand the logic of knowingly implementing an update that will likely break people's installs. According to the forums here that includes CV1 users. Then providing no way back for the unfortunate users who now have issues as a result of said update. Cheers, AussieStig 
    It seems like all the reports about performance issues are from sim racing fans. Is it possible the problem is with a particular racing game, or even a hardware conflict with a wheel controller? Can people reporting problems list the specific games they are having issues with and if they have any non-standard controllers connected to their PC (like racing wheels) and which specific model?
  • TheRealIronWolfTheRealIronWolf Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    It seems like all the reports about performance issues are from sim racing fans. Is it possible the problem is with a particular racing game, or even a hardware conflict with a wheel controller? Can people reporting problems list the specific games they are having issues with and if they have any non-standard controllers connected to their PC (like racing wheels) and which specific model?
    I think the reason you are seeing more reports from sim racers, is firstly because VR is a great tool for sim racing (and flight sims).  Secondly, those simulators do intensive real time physics calculations, and in racing games, you see many highly detailed vehicles in your FOV, both things keep CPU very busy.  Also, large maps require large amounts of memory.  So sim racers need as much headroom as possible for smoother experience, and it frustrating that those precious resources are used instead for things we do not need nor use.
  • TaintFistTaintFist Posts: 153
    Art3mis
    I have had problems too that were uncommon before (I've submitted reports though too already, with log files).  I'm not in a racing Sim, but it is a game outside Oculus.  Skyrim VR, I cut out a couple of mods and dropped the SS a few points, and that fixed my issues mostly.  I do get periodic spots of really bad stutter and ghosting though, that wasn't happening before.  Also had a strange freeze that pulled me out of 3d for several seconds, and then locked the action of my left trigger on.  Reloading a save didn't fix it, I had to close everything down to desktop and reload.  Not major issues, and the stuttering doesn't happen often, but still a game launching outside of Oculus.  Maybe the problem is something to do with that?