cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to install older versions?

Mooffin
Explorer
13 REPLIES 13

MikeF
Trustee
Unfortunately 1.31 will be the minimum version from here on. The current setup file hosted by oculus is 1.30 but you'll be forced to update to 1.31 after installing

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Probably a good idea to download and run repair anyway.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry, you can't install old versions.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, the update is automatic.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

NorbertNordwand
Protege
Hello .. I meant update duty ..
For a video card driver, I can decide for myself if I want to install the newer one. Why am I forced to play the new update on Oculus ??
I do not need a home 2. I do not care what the living room looks like and what I can do there.
I use the Rift exclusively for simracing. Only I can not do this anymore since the Uodate on V 1.31. Have the beta phase often tried and found again that it does not work with core 2.0. If I had been informed that with V1.31 there is no going back, then I would have refused the update.
Everything was fine before that.
Now I have invested a lot of time and nerves and there is still no solution ..
My question, what is so difficult to offer the old version 1.30 as an alternative, for people who have problems with the V1.31, or nothing at all goes ..

AussieStig
Expert Protege

Hello .. I meant update duty ..
For a video card driver, I can decide for myself if I want to install the newer one. Why am I forced to play the new update on Oculus ??
I do not need a home 2. I do not care what the living room looks like and what I can do there.
I use the Rift exclusively for simracing. Only I can not do this anymore since the Uodate on V 1.31. Have the beta phase often tried and found again that it does not work with core 2.0. If I had been informed that with V1.31 there is no going back, then I would have refused the update.
Everything was fine before that.
Now I have invested a lot of time and nerves and there is still no solution ..
My question, what is so difficult to offer the old version 1.30 as an alternative, for people who have problems with the V1.31, or nothing at all goes ..

I'm with you mate, I only sim race with VR! My DK2 is still working with this update, but it was working much better with the previous 1.30 software. I really do not understand the logic of knowingly implementing an update that will likely break people's installs. According to the forums here that includes CV1 users. Then providing no way back for the unfortunate users who now have issues as a result of said update. Cheers, AussieStig