cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am very new to the Rift. I don't want to take it back. Can someone help me. HDMI Issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so i have 3 HDMI ports. Not sure what going on. So i have my TV plug in the main one. Also i put the rift in the other one. But found out i only got a yellow light. So i figure i unplug the main one. When i did that the tv would turn off. Then the rift would have a white light. I could then see words in it. Saying i needed to do the set up. Then i try to plug my tv in one of the other hdmi ports. But it was not working. Not sure what this could be. Do i need another adapter ? I just feel bad i spend a lot of money. This is happening to me. 
2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Make sure you're only using the video ports on your primary dedicated graphics card (from Nvidia or AMD). You must not connect to any secondary cards or connect to any motherboard integrated video ports. You might want to try with a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter, either for your TV or Rift.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your info. This means a lot. Also i want to say. That the Rift looks really cool. I mean by only seeing it on for a little. Then putting it on. I felt like i was in another world. Tho i only see the msg.. But i will do what you told me to do. I just figure i had three hdmi. I thought it work. But i guess i only have one on my graphic. Thanks for your time. I cant wait to see this...