cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose HOME2. But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose HOME2.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Choose HOME2. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose HOME2... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose HOME2. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons?" 
* I detest the 10sec White Loading Screen
* I have no desire to play with a doll house
* I detest having Warning Labels sandwiching the Menus even though the one on top is still and always there...
"YOUR SYSTEM DOES NOT MEET THE MINIMUM SPEC!" - if my wife repeated this it would end my sex life FFS!
So to help others know of this and find it I post this link below. Remember to also make a copy for when it is replaced upon Oculus Updates.

HOMELESS is the option we want as an official switch off Home2 (it also disables STORE in VR)
It makes the VR Background to what we want to customize to (it's preset is Grey). To enable editing the background_colour.txt the file must be moved to another folder (e.g. Desktop) to allow Permissions to Save and then move it back again. It does not alter the crappy GREY DESKTOP but it's far better than the WHITE 10secs of loading Home2 in 1.31 in VR.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8uf1sm/oculushomeless_use_dash_without_home_20/
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow...

LZoltowski
Champion
There are enough threads on this topic, locking it.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂