cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very low fps on my rift

SectionOne
Expert Protege
Hi,
I've upgraded my 1070 nvidia drivers to 416.16 a few days ago and my rift's screen stopped turning on. I also had many tracking issues on my headset and sensors and they suddenly appeared as being connected to a usb2 port until i pulled out the cables and put them back in. Then it showed usb3, tracking issues again, usb2 and so forth...

Today I upgraded to 416.34 and also got an Oculus update 1.31.0.
The screen is now turning on but I have 2 new problems. (It's running on the same machine I've used in the past 2 years without issues).

1. All experiences run between 10-45 fps. Including Oculus Home.
2. When I try to set up the sensor tracking I get "Request Timeout".

Any help would be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

Techy111
MVP
MVP
You might of tried rolling back GPU drivers but if not give that a go ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

SectionOne
Expert Protege

Techy111 said:

You might of tried rolling back GPU drivers but if not give that a go ?

I can try rolling back, but I would like to know if this is a known issue first. If someone is working on a fix then I can wait a few days.
Besides, I don't think GPU drivers is what's causing my second issue with the sensor setup.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey there,
As it was suggested, avoid 416 driver. The 398 version works like a charm. For your second issue, maybe it will help as well, but if it doesn't, I would try to repair the Oculus software. Hopefully it helped!

SectionOne
Expert Protege
Installed 398.82
Still having the same fps problems.

I think for some reason I'm having some usb power issues.
I have a wireless mouse and keyboard. It works fine. But when I access an external hard drive connected to a usb3 or when i turn on the rift, the mouse movement feels like 2 fps
And sometimes I still get "poor tracking" on a sensor or the rift, and it's being identified as usb2 all of the sudden.

What could this be?? I've never had these problems on this machine.
And usbview tool by microsoft is showing the rift and one sensor to be connected to a usb2 port even though it's a usb3.
I have some motherboard / windows debugging to do... :'(

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a thought if any cpu is Parked or you have little VRAM by either not manually setting 1.5x your RAM or not enough consecutive bits of hard drive space available.

SectionOne
Expert Protege
what's manually setting 1.5x on my ram?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I set my Virtual RAM to 1.5 times my 16GB RAM so it is 24GB. This may help out instead of letting Windows Adjust on the fly.
RUN Control Panel>System & Security>System>Advanced System Settings>Performance Settings>Advanced>Virtual Memory-Change (do the maths)

tarlynislazy
Honored Guest
I having same problem u have fix