New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Large Scultp - "Dust" Bug

SamuelABSamuelAB Posts: 37
Brain Burst
When working on large sculpts, there seems to be a kind of "dust" that develops in between saves. It's kind of random, and I usually spot and clean it in VR, but it reappears overt time. It is made of tiny sculpt bits, extremely small.

I tend to work on very large arts sculpts, so I think it is related. This problem only happens on large sculpts.

Here is an example. Does anyone know how to avoid this?

Comments

• SamuelABSamuelAB Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    Another example 
  • jessicazetajessicazeta Posts: 127 Oculus Staff
    Have sent this and your reddit thread to our engs wondering a bit more about how devs use Medium to create production assets. Thanks for posting!

https://www.reddit.com/r/blender/comments/9mxrev/fixing_artifacts_from_an_imported_medium_sculpt/
  • SamuelABSamuelAB Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    Thanks Jessica!

Actually I think some of it may be due to my own low pressure pressing on the trigger where it leaves a trail of micro speckles that you can't notice unless you are zoomed into that are or it is highlighted in a 3D app like 3ds Max.

Here are some overview and close up shots.

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,639 Valuable Player
    This happens if you're not careful. For the exact reason you've figured out already  Also cut operations are bad for it. If you notice one, there's likely more. Pull up the layers menu and the highlight will make them easy to spot.