New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

ZERO CALIBER VR - New FPS game looks amazing!

SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,233
Wintermute
edited October 2018 in Games and Apps
Hey guys, don't know if you've heard of this game but wow it looks amazing, it's like Onward but looks actually better to me, like the next step in FPS VR gaming:

The first 6:50 seconds is two guys having a laugh and messing about and then the serious multiplayer action begins so just skip to 6:50 to watch the gameplay but then afterwards go back and watch the comedy from the start!! lol:

It says it's not being released until 9th November 2018 on steam!! Can't wait for this one! :)

Update - Game is going to be released on 9th November and DEMO is available right now!!! 

Link for demo:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/877200/Zero_Caliber_VR/

Skip to 6:50:

UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Comments

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,705 Valuable Player
    Will this be PvP because they are just shooting bots?
  • BlahdeBlahde Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    Merps a good YTuber, makes me laugh. As for the game, adding to my wish list.
  • aleksejjkorobenkoaleksejjkorobenko Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Здравия парни.Очень хорошая игра.Где ёё можно купить? Она есть в окулус хоме?
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,056 Valuable Player
    That was some stupid fun right there.. :lol:
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,233
    Wintermute
    edited October 2018
    RedRizla said:
    That's a very good question and I'm not actually sure because on Steam the description makes it sound like you can play a story campaign coop with friends but doesn't mention anything about PVP. I wonder if someone else hear can clarify?

It would be a great shame if you can't, so fingers crossed we can shoot each other in 10v10 pvp :)

Brain Burst
    Я понял она в stime, ёё уже можно купить? Или нужно ждать релиза? И сколько она стоит? Спасибо за ответ.Извините что пишу на русском.
    Brain Burst
    Что можно сказать о zerokilld? Кто то уже разобрался с етой игрой? Я только что скачал, и не совсем понял) .Она какаято пустая).What can you say about zerokilld? Someone has already figured out this game? I just downloaded and didn’t quite underst...
    Wintermute
    edited October 2018
    Я понял она в stime, ёё уже можно купить? Или нужно ждать релиза? И сколько она стоит? Спасибо за ответ.Извините что пишу на русском.
    Что можно сказать о zerokilld? Кто то уже разобрался с етой игрой? Я только что скачал, и не совсем понял) .Она какаято пустая).What can you say about zerokilld? Someone has already figured out this game? I just downloaded and didn’t quite underst...

Привет, я не говорю по-русски, но я использовал google translate, чтобы написать это сообщение вам на вашем языке. Эта игра еще не выпущена, и стоимость также неизвестна в это время, но если бы мне пришлось угадать, она, вероятно, стоила от 20 до 30 фунтов стерлингов. Надеюсь, это поможет

English translation - 

Hi there, I don't speak Russian but I used google translate to write this message to you in your language. This game is not released yet, and the cost is also unknown at this time but if I had to guess it will probably cost between £20 - £30. I hope that helps
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,770 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    RedRizla said:
    That's a very good question and I'm not actually sure because on Steam the description makes it sound like you can play a story campaign coop with friends but doesn't mention anything about PVP. I wonder if someone else hear can clarify?

It would be a great shame if you can't, so fingers crossed we can shoot each other in 10v10 pvp :)

Oh, I thought this was PvP like Onward. 

This game looks amazing. Notice how it has 500K views. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
    Wintermute
    edited October 2018
    Guys they have released a demo!!! OMG I only just realised and I'm back at work now, I could have been playing it all weekend too as it was released on 26th October.

Let me know what you think of the demo please! I finish work at 6pm! :)
    Wintermute
    edited October 2018
    So I tried the demo last night guys, and I couldn't stop playing it, this game is seriously amazing.

It had a few bugs and teething problems, soon as you turn the game on press the menu button on the left touch controller and enable TAA to get rid of the jaggies and then everything looks great!

I love everything about this game, weapon customization, movement system, shooting mechanics, the weapons are the best I've ever experienced in FPS genre game in VR!

I can't give this game enough praise guys! It's so good! For me, this is better then Onward and Pavlov if every way! 

I can take on 20 enemies at once and shoot them with perfect aim with m4 or ak or whatever weapon I choose. The weapon mods were great too like the different scopes, lasers and various attachments.

Seriously guys, download this demo now!! You won't be disappointed!!

Also enter this competition to help me out if you dont mind so I can win a VR headset:

https://wn.nr/Y8Vxb8
    edited October 2018
    @SkScotchegg - Do we still not know if this is going to be multiplayer? Shooting at just bots isn't my thing in a war game like this. I really hope this is multiplayer for those who want it because it looks awesome..

Edit: Just read this on Steam. 

Zero Caliber is a military FPS developed exclusively for VR. Realistic weapon handling, engaging story, Co-Op, PvE and soon PvP modes, immersive environment. Customize your weapons, learn how to reload each of them, fight alongside your friends, use your tactical skills to accomplish the mission: saving 
  • OHFISHAL_BatmanOHFISHAL_Batman Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    RedRizla said:
    There will be PvP
  • OHFISHAL_BatmanOHFISHAL_Batman Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Anyone know how to do the gestures? Does it just not work on touch? I think I have tried every button.
    Wintermute
    edited October 2018
    RedRizla said:
    @SkScotchegg - Do we still not know if this is going to be multiplayer? Shooting at just bots isn't my thing in a war game like this. I really hope this is multiplayer for those who want it because it looks awesome..

Edit: Just read this on Steam. 

Zero Caliber is a military FPS developed exclusively for VR. Realistic weapon handling, engaging story, Co-Op, PvE and soon PvP modes, immersive environment. Customize your weapons, learn how to reload each of them, fight alongside your friends, use your tactical skills to accomplish the mission: saving 

Yes mate, the developer has confirmed that the game currently has PVE coop missions and then they're going to bring PVP as well, they're working on the PVP aspect of the game. 

From what they've said I don't know if PVP will be in the game on 9th November when early release is launched, it sounds to me like it will be patched into the game with a major update down the line.
    Wintermute
    BTW One more thing, after playing the demo when you have completed the first 2 missions go back to your military base and go to the shooting range. On the walls there you can purchase weapons and test them out.

The weapons are so amazing, I was shooting with Ak/M4 and attached foregrip, laser and red dot scope to my m4 and was practicing against the enemies in the shooting range and it just feels so good! I didn't miss a shot.

Also you can switch the rate of fire on your weapons using Y/B on your touch controllers, I think that's the correct buttons if I remember right. When you switch M4 to one bullet it fires very accurate.

And also you have infinite ammo in this demo as it's essentially just a test for when the full game comes out. Reach down to your body to grab ammo below.

Another thing I love is the nades, omg the nades throw amazingly accurate and realistic, like they mastered the throwing perfectly.

One thing they definitely need to fix is the hands, they went with cheap hands which look like I got bit by a scorpion and had an allergic reaction and my hands blew up!!! lol
    Wintermute
    Anyone know how to do the gestures? Does it just not work on touch? I think I have tried every button.

What do you mean by gestures mate?
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,877 Valuable Player

What do you mean by gestures mate?

He means being able to do things like put up a middle finger.

• vfrhawkvfrhawk Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    Grabbed the free demo of this, but I can't seem to access the settings menu - it appears when I hit the menu button on the left Touch, but I can't interact with it at all?  I believe you can set up turning using the right thumbstick in there?
    I'll get this when PvP arrives.
  • AlextendedAlextended Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 14
    Gloom6 said:
    What do you mean released? You can get it on Steam since last November. The article doesn't really say anything about a full non-early access launch or anything, especially when they mention substantial additional content planned like more maps and a PVP mode showing what's there is far from the full game so I think it will still be early access even after it goes to the O Store.

I'll wait and see how it is past early access myself, their own A-Tech Cybernetic (still in early access after two years but more complete than Zero Caliber appears to be) had some hype but I didn't like it too much. In fact I tried all the known zombie shooters and none was what I was looking for to the point I think my only hope for now is to try and get that Doom 3 VR mod working. Even though I didn't like Doom 3 itself too much it was still a better campaign and systems than most of these VR games which are mere glimpses at the great things we could have if a better or higher budget developer took these concepts and ran with them. Like, a game of RE2's caliber and that mix of action, adventure and puzzling but with the common VR immersing interaction methods, I'd buy that for a high price for sure (the first person mod for RE2 is pretty sweet btw).
  • Gloom6Gloom6 Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Gloom6 said:
    What do you mean released? You can get it on Steam since last November. The article doesn't really say anything about a full non-early access launch or anything, especially when they mention substantial additional content planned like more maps and a PVP mode showing what's there is far from the full game so I think it will still be early access even after it goes to the O Store.

I'll wait and see how it is past early access myself, their own A-Tech Cybernetic (still in early access after two years but more complete than Zero Caliber appears to be) had some hype but I didn't like it too much. In fact I tried all the known zombie shooters and none was what I was looking for to the point I think my only hope for now is to try and get that Doom 3 VR mod working. Even though I didn't like Doom 3 itself too much it was still a better campaign and systems than most of these VR games which are mere glimpses at the great things we could have if a better or higher budget developer took these concepts and ran with them. Like, a game of RE2's caliber and that mix of action, adventure and puzzling but with the common VR immersing interaction methods, I'd buy that for a high price for sure (the first person mod for RE2 is pretty sweet btw).
    I ment released only in the sense of availability in the Oculus store. "Zero Caliber VR will be released on the Oculus Store on 15th March". I enjoy having all my games within Home, even though there's no real reason to :).