New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Audio popping / crackling

acefonduacefondu Posts: 6
NerveGear
Hello,

Had my Oculus since launch, suddenly my audio has begun crackling. This has happened before, but the issue seemingly fixed itself last time. Issue is not going away this time. Just recently upgraded to a 2080 RTX card as well, not sure if that has anything to do with it. Any help / suggestions are welcome. 

I have tried the following already: 
-Tightening screws on headphones
-Turning off special sounds in the windows sound settings
-Changing to CD quality audio
-Switching USB ports, tried the card not on the motherboard as well and USB 2.0 slots as well as the other 3.0 slots and even a 3.1 slot. 

Thanks in advance
Tagged:

Comments

• aleksejjkorobenkoaleksejjkorobenko Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Введите свой комментарий
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,113
    Wintermute
    edited October 2018
    Mmmm OK so I have the same issue. It don't occurs immediately but after a while, and mainly in left ear. Yesterday it was after one our when watching a movie, and just on left ears. At the same time it crackling the 5.1 sound positional began crazy (left right reversing during 1 seconds, etc.) in the Rift headphones. Rebooting PC and problem gone for a while (so it's mostly a software problem). I also read somewhere than changing Sound property and set them to 44Khz CD quality audio may help but that didn't helped for me. It's a new problem I didn't have before. Saying that, those last months my sessions in Rift are shorter than an hour so it could be an old problem. I definitively didn't have that problem 3 months ago where sessions was longer.

Edit : Ok I double-checked and found I didn't set CD quality 44Khz for the Rift, it was for my monitor. I changed that and will report if things are better.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• aleksejjkorobenkoaleksejjkorobenko Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Здравия вам.Имелась такаяже проблема и у моего окулус.Сейчас звук в левом наушнеке совсем перестал звучать.Думаю это нет контакта в проводке проблема не наушника, а маленьких проводочков, к сожелению 
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,113
    Wintermute
    @aleksejjkorobenko извините за продолжение на английском, гораздо больше английских ораторов вокруг:
    Nope, not in my case, as a simple reboot fixed the issue, so it's definitively software for me, not a shortcut of any sort.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• LonzoracerLonzoracer Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Possible Fix:

I also had these constant audio issues (crackles) with my Oculus Rift, tried all sort of things like using different USB ports (2.0 & 3.0), powered USB hubs, reinstalled Oculus Software, uninstalled Rift Audio driver etc. and finally FIXED IT by rolling back the Rift audio driver:

This is how it's done (step by step):

Left click the Windows Start Icon at the bottom left of your screen, open Device Manager - unfold Sound, video and game controllers - right click Rift Audio - choose Properties - chose tab Driver - click Roll Back Driver.

Windows 10 then rolled back to this driver: 
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Date: 11/04/2018
    Driver Version: 10.0.17134.1
    Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

No more crackling audio, no matter what USB ports I use :)

I hope this helps!
  • dallas.delahoydallas.delahoy Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    How is there a “ warrantee” but no support?

I have this same speakers issue both left and right. And can’t find any support. Just  Vague  warrantee references. I wish I had bought mine from a store like Best Buy but my dumbass ordered it straight from Oculus and I’m getting nowhere