New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

OVRMetricsTool on Oculus Go won't close

ClavusClavus Posts: 19
Brain Burst
My Oculus Go arrived on Monday and I've been developing ever since. The OVR Metrics Tool (v1.2) is indispensable to get a good performance reading. However I can't seem to disable it properly. In the docs it states you need to execute these commands to disable the Performance HUD:

adb shell setprop debug.oculus.notifPackage ''
adb shell setprop debug.oculus.notifClass ''
adb shell am force-stop com.oculus.ovrmonitormetricsservice

Yet when I do, it simply restarts the overlay. Not even restarting the Go itself makes it disappear. I tried setting the value to something else ("adb shell setprop debug.oculus.notifPackage -" for example) but then it shows the three 'loading' dots at the top of your view instead.

I tried hiding it by doing:
adb shell setprop debug.oculus.omms.enableGraph false
adb shell setprop debug.oculus.omms.enableStats false

... but from what I found, I can set either to false, but not both because then the overlay goes in a crash loop and keeps trying to restart.

Only 'solution' I've found is just hiding it by setting the pitch really high:
adb shell setprop debug.oculus.omms.pitch 90
.. but that resets on restart.

Some help with this would be nice. I see mentions in the docs about some kind of toolbar for the Performance HUD but I've yet to find where I can access this.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    You might want to ask on the developer forum. Switch sections with the community drop down on the right. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • OlegGomonkoOlegGomonko Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    adb shell am force-stop com.oculus.ovrmonitormetricsservice false